DIYer

Guest thetintshop

Guest Me_shelli

I know what you are saying about the insurance company. We had our car vandalized. They broke our back window and the driver's too. Then began our month long debate with the insurance company. They wanted us to use after market glass. Drive 2 hours to get it and tint it for free. I said WTF. Well we fought with them for a month. Finally we got a professional to get the glass and put it in. They broke 500 dollars worth of glass for 200 dollars worth of stuff. Cracks me up though dealing with our insurance company. I mean we pay them month after month for what to have to fight with them to just do what they promiced to do?

Sorry I'm still pissed about it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thetintshop
TTS did you ever use the Essex black pinchweld primer as a "fill in" for tint.  It looks great (from the outside) I used to use it to fill the area on the older Firebird/Camaro '82-'92 back windows that usally gets left clear next to the braided defroster wire. 

However Got a drip on the side of a car once and that was that it DOES NOT come off ever. :lol6

Being that you do glass work does your shop have the usual black wads all over the floor.  Thats a glass shop trade mark.

I've never used it in tinting. but you're right. doesn't matter what you get iton, it NEVER comes off. I had to wet sand it off and buff a fender one time all for a drop smaller than a pencil eraser.

I have a couple blacks spots on my floor. but I really watch what I'm doing and try and keep my floor clean. if I do get a spot, I grab some gas and pour it on it and let it set. usually gets the majority of it when I scrub it with a brush.

Guest thetintshop
damn, this thread is already 2 pages long. :lol

Yeah...who would have thought. :lol:lol

usually my posts have a magic number of "8" before they die. :lol6

Guest Sprinter

I agree me shelli, you should be able to roll your insurance over year by year until you have an accident then pay another year and go until another fatefull day!

we should be driving them down on price year after year, and where's our discount!!

Guest thetintshop

they use different sand in the manufacturing process, I do know that.

I can pick up a windshield for a 99 up chevy made by pilkington, then pick up a northstar glass and there's a definate weight difference. I've never weighed them, but the pilkington glass has to be 2-3 pounds heavier.

Archived