need help!! popping panels on a c2

Guest fimmo

Guest fimmo

needing help on popping the door panels on a citroen c2 3 dr!! any of you uk tinter's done one yet? all the screws are very well hidden but have any of you found any probs with them? also any of you done a c3?? :mad

Guest fimmo

cant do! the panel really folds back to the window and the rubber gasket is really tucked in,very hard to see let alone tuck back! and because it's brand new it's tight against the glass! and I mean tight! :hide

it's not been booked in yet,so I'm not in a big hurry but I'd like to be prepared!,when she came for a quote (bearing in mind I've done her previous cars!) she surprised me by telling me my competitors had under cut me by ?30! so I dropped ?10,still a bit dearer but I told her I cant go any lower! I'm not going to undercut them. was really surprised as I was told they were shutting down! turns out they have but they've opened up under another name! hacks????

Guest Litespeeds

Haven't done one of those before so I would suggest you to either use masking tape and tape everything up or use a Gasket Wizard or Mdogs home made gasket wizard. Good luck.

Guest fimmo

still havent heard from her?? maybe she went with the hacks?? give it a couple of days, we'll see. hey,tintology in the uk we still use ? pounds (sterling!) but my pound sign does look like the euro sign dosen't it!!! as for the 'gasket wizard' you have to see the gasket on this to believe it!! it's soooooo tight down there!! imagine- you are looking at the door panel,it's grey plastic and as it goes to the top of the panel it starts to curve over all the way towards the window,then it starts to go down towards the gasket! almost touching the glass! you can see the rubber but I swear ,you only see a very small bit of it!! and I mean VERY SMALL! even if you got a gasket wizard down there I doubt you'd be able to pull back enough to get clearance! if I get the job then I'll take pic's!! :spit

Archived