the pay scale

Guest Sprinter

Guest Sprinter

who do you think came up with the idea to pay % instead of hourly pay for your workers?

the people who get hourly pay have taxes taken out but what about the % people get, does your employer tack out taxes or just give you the say 35% that you did that week?

when I worked for a shop we only got the % and no taxes were taken out, so I was wondering how it was for you?

I have a friend that gets paid on pecentage, he said he didnt get taxes taken out and is paid cash. I was like :mad but of course he doesnt have a HOUSE, kids and things like that to worry about so he can do all the shady @#$% he wants.

Guest Sprinter

gets a 1099 at the end of the year and is resposible for his own taxes, but by that time did'nt put any away and then has to come up with a handfull come april 15th!

or claim he did'nt make anything and pay nothing!

Guest Sprinter

I think paying the taxes will help them in the future for social security if we have when were that old?

also if they want to buy a car or house they have proff of what they made!

Guest Readyman

We pay our guys hourly, it helps keep them from slapping the stuff up to get to the next job. There is a bonus program as well that is based on productivity.

Guest Me_shelli

The way ours works is we are classified as subcontractors. We are paid on a percentage, and take care of our own taxes. We could pay in quarterly, but we usually file an extension and pay it all by August. We usually get slammed with a pentality. We try to put about 10 percent away each check in savings to help out. But sometimes things come up. It's nice to have the extra money in savings, but it is tough come up with it in april.

Guest Litespeeds

All depends if they are "employees" or sub-contractors. As with any job that pays cash, it depends upon how honest you are in reporting your income.

Archived