first time i seen this

ive had customers go over thier windows as close as they can get. like all of us have. it normaly just pisses me off when they get that close. but this guy was so ridiculous I just had to laugh at him. after I did the vent window on his tacoma. he got right up on it to inspect it. then peeked his head inside to get another view. now the vent is still open . so he gets a side view. I couldnt believe it I started cracking up. and said what are you doing looking at it sideways. I guess he wanted to see how thick the film was who knows. ive had some bad customers but come on now sideways.

This may sound prejudice...but it's true...haveyou ever done a car for an oriental? Whenever I have , they usually pick up the tinted car in a group and they all comb the tint job at the sametime so close that they practically leave nose prints on the glass by the time they are done inspecting it :dunno

Guest Olfablade

I had a guy one time, I charged him $515 to R/R his complete 95 Rodeo. He came back 2 months later with a diagram of every window on seperate sheets of graph paper with dots representing possible flaws he noticed. :hmmm:dunno

Guest thetintshop

when they start that with me, I ask them if they went over the factory paint job like that. usually they have a dumbfounded look on their face. I always tell them I can find a flaw in their paint in under 10 seconds, no matter what make or model.

plus, 99% of the time, the contamination is coming from THEIR car.

Guest TinterRich
:hide Those kind of customers crack me up...I think the next time a customer does that I will break out a my kids extra large magnifying glass and hand it to the customer and say "here you can get a closer look with this" and just laugh at them. :hide

Guest SQUEEGEE
This may sound prejudice...but it's true...haveyou ever done a car for an oriental? Whenever I have , they usually pick up the tinted car in a group and they all comb the tint job at the sametime so close that they practically leave nose prints on the glass by the time they are done inspecting it  :lol

A friend of mine that's been tinting for several years told me a story about going to a dealership and tinting a car for an Asian man who upon VERY CLOSE inspection found a few specks on a fresh tint job and said he wasn't satisfied. :lol

My friend said, "Mr. that is one fine tint job you have there and you'd be hard pressed to find a better tint job no matter where you went to get it tinted." The Asian man said that was nonsense. He said that the car he just traded in was tinted "PERFECT" and without any flaws. My friend says, "Really? is the car still here on the lot?" Asian man says, "Yes, right over there by used car department." Friend says, "Great, follow me so we can go and see what a perfect tint job looks like."

Long story short this guy had enough junk in his old tint job to make you think he had it tinted in a busy sawmill. After my friend pointed out no less than a half dozen contamination clusters and a couple of creases to boot the Asian dude proceeded to shut da phuck up and leave without explaination!" Dumbass. :hide

I laughed so hard when he told me this story recently. :hide

This may sound prejudice...but it's true...haveyou ever done a car for an oriental? Whenever I have , they usually pick up the tinted car in a group and they all comb the tint job at the sametime so close that they practically leave nose prints on the glass by the time they are done inspecting it  :hide

your not kidding tw. I am not prejudice at all but I hate working for orientals. they allways want a discount, and want the impossible.

Guest SQUEEGEE
Ever get a guy putting 'POST IT' notes on ever little speck

I learned long ago that there are certain people that will complain for no reason as much as there are people who return retail products without any real signifigant reason as well. It's a compulsive disorder or neurosis that plagues them.

I've found that if you offer to fix the problem (within reason) single door redo or the like will typically pacify these types of customers.

On the other extreme end if they are not satisfied with a redo I'll offer to remove the tint and offer them a refund minus labor. Haven't had a taker yet.

By this point they realize the unreasonable level of expectation they've created cannot be met so they get on with it and move the hell on.

These are people that have internal crisis when they step on a crack or think every bottle of medicine they buy has been tampered with so they return the same item again and again. If you've ever worked retail you can spot 'em a mile away.

Just another facet of life we've all got to deal with I suppose. :thumb

Guest S and S
I had a guy one time, I charged him $515 to R/R his complete 95 Rodeo. He came back 2 months later with a diagram of every window on seperate sheets of graph paper with dots representing possible flaws he noticed. :spit  :lol

OMG!! I would have laughed him out of my shop!

Archived