in the beginning

Guest naughtydog

Guest naughtydog

Today I had a @#$% day. I tinted a new grand voyager and struggled.

I tried tinting with the panels on, but ended up pulling the panels to get a semi-clean job. I picked up a few bits along the way but managed to hide most of them with a little help from my new friend - Lil Chizler :thumb

When you started out, did you have days like this, I wasted some film, I was throwing stuff around and cussin that goddam pice of @#$%!! I ended up with a few tiny creases in the back glass, I hate it when that happens, I did'nt have time to start over again. Dont think the customer will pick up on these...hopefully. :thumb

I hope my next job gets me on track again,

ND

Guest Eclipse

I think that most of us (tinters) have a high standard of quality. We tend to see every speck that is hiding in the film and try to make sure we don't get any in the next. What is important to remember is that we all have a very trained eye. We see everything. The customer however sees non of it.....most of the time. Keep striving to do better but don't be so let down when you don't meet your own personal expectations. Chances are they are way higher than your customer. :inot

Guest SQUEEGEE
We all have bad days but the moment you let your standard down, you know it will come back to bite you....and you should know naughtydog. :rollin

Then you have to spend double the time and effort restripping the job and renewing or giving the money back. :thumb

Devil

True Devil,

However, when you are just starting out there is an issue of skill level, time spent and profit potential. Not one of us can afford to baby sit a car for more than 5 hours to get flawless job if there are families to feed.

I believe in covering up as best as one can, making a note of the mistakes and doing your best to correct them each time out. If you have time AND money then by all means keep workin it until it is acceptable by your own standards Naughtydog. A tinter's eye is usually more adept at catching flaws than the average customer. Always keep this in mind as well.

It's the new tinters that don't care at all to improve upon their mistakes that scare me. :booga

Guest thetintshop
We see everything. The customer however sees non of it.....most of the time. Keep striving to do better but don't be so let down when you don't meet your own personal expectations. Chances are they are way higher than your customer. :rollin

dude, can we swap customers for a while??? :thumb

Not one of us can afford to baby sit a car for more than 5 hours to get flawless job if there are families to feed.

You can Squeegee if you charge accordingly and know the value of your work. Well at least I do and if I liked salmon and caviar, which I don't, I could have it every night. :thumb

Devil :beer

Archived