Refunds?

At what extent would you guys offer refund? And if you do a refund do you honor removal? Or charge for removal even if the customer doesn't agree with the removal. Sometimes you cannot a fight with the customer. Yes I redone the window but yet the customer scanned the glass like a hawk and after seeing one speck he made a huge deal over it. So I refunded the full amount and left the tint on the window because I had other work to do and stripping the tint off for free would wasted my time.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rufund and remove the tint and move on. If they are unhappy enough to want a refund then why would they want to keep the film on? Unless of course they are looking for a freebie. It sucks removing but I would never leave the film on AND give a refund.

Yup remove that stuff. I totally understand time is money but why should a nit picking asshole have his film for free. I had some non english speaking customers that did this and after coming back a 3rd time i removed and refunded so he can do it again to the next guy. Also after that i found on google the tint tips sheet to all our customers so they know what to expect like no jobs is perfect tho we strive for it and that sheet has really solved alot of headaches.

Keep in mind there are a certain percentage of people that will work the system. You'll regret leaving it on when this person tells his buddies " hey go get a tint at this shop then complain and they will refund your money AND leave the tint on". In this case removing the tint is a minor inconvinence.

Refund = Full Removal.....there is an acceptable level of particulates that will have to be overlooked.  

Discount = acceptance and no more complaining unless the film fails.  If your customer is complaining about specks and "eyephucking" your install.  Then go over the problems and explain yourself.  If a SMALL discount is necessary after install,  then fine.  This also means after the discount, they accept their install and have no more room to complain.   :twocents 

I have had a few A-holes to deal with over the last 14 years and when it comes to having to remove film and give a refund, Let's just say I make it as easy on myself as can be and let the next guy deal with the BS. 

I am way harder on my work than my clients, so if I have a complaint I will offer to redo once but let them know that it may be better or worse. a spec here or some other imperfection. Normally my people opt to not do anything. I have found it is more about educating them before the install and pointing things out when they pick up if anything is there. I do not remember the last time I gave a refund if ever. Just my 2 cents 

Archived