Refunds?

I may get some flack for this but, I eyephuck the film before install and if I see defects in the film I send it back, if you have contamination using acceptable film after your install then you need to figure out where it is coming from and figure out how you can prevent it, that is what I did back in the day when I was tinting autos.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twisted and MikeMN are on the right track here.  If you are giving a refund, essentially, it is your fault.  After 3 years you should know what is leaving your shop.  If you are having a lot of conversation that involve talking about a refund.. Then you need to sell yourself differently.  

While we would love to be 100% perfect... it's not going to happen.  Your customers should understand this before you start.  

After install, during delivery.  If there are spots that the customer is complaining about.  They are probably spots you already knew about (or at least should have known about) before you pulled it around.  If you pulled it around hoping the customer wouldn't say anything or knowing about a spot that needed to be fixed,,,,,,,then that is on you!!  

If something comes up a day or so after install, which sometimes happens.  Then fix it and keep a happy customer.  But all in all, you should be able to explain yourself well enough to not have to give a full refund.  

There are those that you just can't please and will always be a pain in you arse.  Just  try move them on and hope they are few and far between

There has been a few situations that either the film had a flaw or I messed up. I sometimes will give the customer the option to except it at a discounted price based on what the labor and materials would cost me or give me the chance to make it right.

heres one for u . Did tailights on a Mercedes . After agreeing to the price when ready to pay  he begs for $20 off then $10  then $5 . He had no pride . So job came out good . He calls me yesterday 3 weeks after saying they  are bubbles in the tailight . I told him to bring it back and i will fix it . He says he has no time and that he wants his money back and he will take it off himself . If he has to come to the shop he wants an extra $50 for his time plus a full refund . I had to ask if i was being punked ? he was dead serious . 

I am way harder on my work than my clients, so if I have a complaint I will offer to redo once but let them know that it may be better or worse. a spec here or some other imperfection. Normally my people opt to not do anything. I have found it is more about educating them before the install and pointing things out when they pick up if anything is there. I do not remember the last time I gave a refund if ever. Just my 2 cents 

:ditto

Had a situation like that at the last shop I worked. Guy complained that the tint didn't work and he wanted a refund. Long story short he and the owner had it out and he left, about a week later guy does a charge back on the card he used to pay for the job.

I guess if someone really wants to get a free tint job out of it, they will find a way. Not sure if when a customer does a charge back if the business is contacted to give their side of the story or not... if not I guess there isn't much that can be done in that case to prevent it.

Hahaha y'all crack me up -.- no wait. HOLD THE PHONE! Y'all make sense..... Sorry just wanted to day hold the phone. Lol. Anyway ...

Customer came in with a used Hyundai elantra. Got 20% full wrap. Beige interior, suede looking. I got some application fluid on the seat, used my towel to dry it up. But it left a stain around the edge from dirt in the seat. He wasn't happy even when we offered to "steam clean" the inside (Our detail shop uses industrial extractors not steam cleaners) but said okay. It was the right thing to do. A day passed or so and he went to Facebook about how we left his "new" car a mess, were ignorant, bla bla bla. (Mind you I didn't talk to this guy at all just the detailers) calls back after a few more days that he isn't happy about his tint job. Offered to fix what he want happy with. He came in I redid 4 doors. His complaints were there was something in his tint. When I did then there were a few places there was contamination in them. Nothing that wouldn't have passed in any shop. I did then again anyway because again that's what we do. He calls back a month later saying he got the wrong tint and he wants his money back since we're **** ups. (I didn't talk to this guy still) the boss told him to come in and well fix it for him again. No I just want my money, okay come in and we'll remove the tint for free, and give you a refund. No, I'll just come get my money or I'll keep bashing you on social media until your business goes under. (I still haven't talked to this guy, only the boss did) okay sir I'll give you a refund. When he shows up I'm going to pick up keys for my next job and walk passed the guy who is oh the phone bragging how he got his tint for free.

I couldn't take it and better judgement went out the window. I thanked him for his patronage and for screwing my children out of extra Christmas gifts. For wasting my time and effort. For bragging that he screwed over someone who's working their *** off to provide for his children and be a good father since my wife passed a year ago (none was true but neither was he so I didn't care) he apologized to me and handed the money back to the cashier after I left.

I was just starting out at this time and had a lot of redos simply because my teacher stuck around for my first 3 cars only.

Was I wrong, yes. Simply put I lied to this man and after felt like crash because I just don't do that, but when I heard him bragging I lost it.

Had a situation like that at the last shop I worked. Guy complained that the tint didn't work and he wanted a refund. Long story short he and the owner had it out and he left, about a week later guy does a charge back on the card he used to pay for the job.

I guess if someone really wants to get a free tint job out of it, they will find a way. Not sure if when a customer does a charge back if the business is contacted to give their side of the story or not... if not I guess there isn't much that can be done in that case to prevent it.

Should be able to press charges on someone like this as they have stolen from you.  They received services and then have defrauded you.  They are stealing.

Archived