3m Ultra S600 vs. Solar Gard panorama SA8 - residential clear film app

I got the chance to install some s600 at a school double door entry way,  That film was not hazy looking to me.  I had to look twice to make sure I had installed all the windows.

Obviously Tom has no idea what he is talking about.

The old sample cards had the liner attached that was cloudy, the new sample cards do not have the old liner and are crystal clear.

BTW the Ultra films have recently changed as well.

I got the chance to install some s600 at a school double door entry way,  That film was not hazy looking to me.  I had to look twice to make sure I had installed all the windows.

The old sample cards had the liner attached that was cloudy, the new sample cards do not have the old liner and are crystal clear.

Tom has a very good idea what he is talking about. The poor optical clarity of 3M film has dogged them for years. Many many projects that were specified with Ultra films have opted for clearer alternatives just for that reason. That is why I recommend a full size mock up so the client can see what they are signing up for. .. Blurry or not... Class is in session JR

Tom has a very good idea what he is talking about. The poor optical clarity of 3M film has dogged them for years. Many many projects that were specified with Ultra films have opted for clearer alternatives just for that reason. That is why I recommend a full size mock up so the client can see what they are signing up for. .. Blurry or not... Class is in session JR

So now it is Blurry as well........... :lol

Have you even seen the New Ultra yet ........... ?

I have seen it installed on a project where the client selected us , with Llumar 8 mill instead. They did a mock up and we did as well. Admittedly the Ultra had only had a few days to dry and that surely played a part in the poor optics, but never the less, I was unimpressed with it.

I have seen it installed on a project where the client selected us , with Llumar 8 mill instead. They did a mock up and we did as well. Admittedly the Ultra had only had a few days to dry and that surely played a part in the poor optics, but never the less, I was unimpressed with it.

:lol .

I have installed it since day one.

Archived