standard or high performance

Guest naughtydog

Guest naughtydog

I am in the UK so we can get away with using normal died film as we only have about 10 minutes of sun per year :spit

My question is this, I install Suntek standard film. Not the HP variety. As well as the long term resistance of the HP film, are there any other benefits that I will gain by switching to it. Is a HP film less resistance to creasing, is it much harder to shrink??

Can anybody add anything to the pot to help me make my decision

Thankls

Naughtydog

Guest SQUEEGEE
high performance film is so much easier to handle for me. I cant touch a piece of dyed film without @#$% it up anymore. :)

:popcorn on this one. HP is much easier to handle/transfer than dyed.

Shrinking is noticeably different as most dyed films will react a bit quicker to shrinkage than a metallized film.

The pros and cons are nearly 50-50 in your particular part of the globe.

In Texas it's a no brainer. HP for the serious tint customer. Standard for the fool with short change and a penchant for sweating. :lol

Guest Litespeeds

Suntek HP Charcoal is a very good film which shrinks almost like a dyed film. It is a little thicker than the dyed film so I think it is a little more resistant to creasing but it all depends upon how you handle the film. I use a Stanley cotton glove and can usually feel the film and can tell if I am going to crease it or not while I am heat shrinking.

I would switch over and only carry the HP Charcoal instead of the standard if I were you.

Guest Blade

Go with HP....I've been using the NR True Grey alot more lately. It looks great but I can't stand thin films. HP won't crease as easily. It will still shrink fine. I think you'll find the HP lines are much nicer to work with.

Archived