Baby soap vs dawn soap

I have been using a bottle of baby soap, but was using dish soap before and seemed better to me.......not sure what the hype on baby soap is.  Been trying different films though too, so maybe that has a play in it.  But seemed like things were easier to work with with $1 dish soap.

I have been using a bottle of baby soap, but was using dish soap before and seemed better to me.......not sure what the hype on baby soap is. Been trying different films though too, so maybe that has a play in it. But seemed like things were easier to work with with $1 dish soap.

I always used Johnson baby soap and seems to always leave lil small white dots. I used the dawn soap on 2 cars front windows one 35% and 20% and I didn't get any whites lil small flacks!!!! Dish soap may b better.....

I would only use the dawn for cleaning, since its more harsh than baby shampoo. Think about it, one is used to wash a babys head and one is meant to break down grease and removed food stuck on dishes. Ive also noticed that the drip marks on door panel are more noticable with dawn. Howard at EWF posted something ahwile back about someone testing what dish soap does to film in a lab and that was enough to never use it.

I think I also read somewhere that the adhesive used in window film is a vegetable based (organic) substance.  If that is still the case, then installing with a dish detergent that is meant to break down and destroy organic compounds :nono  Not a good idea.  This means you are breaking down your adhesive as you are installing your film.  :twocents

Dawn or any equivalent that contains a degreaser and or hand softening agent will affect the adhesive's ability to adhere long term. We would use Dawn and Palmolive for SS films back in the day before anti-graffiti adhesives hit the market. There was a marked difference in removing safety adhesive compared to film that was installed with J&J. :twocents

Ok m not going to use the dawn no more ????.... the problem could've been that I didn't now that I had to clean the bottle and dump the water the day before I would just use like that.... I clean it with alcohol and that's why my install was really clean.. m going to use the j@j now thanks all this tips make a difference in what WI do thanks I really appreciate it????????????????