Please help me in

Guest BigZ

Hi how can I get the dealer SHip accounts. I have tried going to the car dealers. but at first they would sound like very hope full. but when you provide them with the pricelist and the whole 9 yard. You dont see any thing. I have tried going to several dealer ships but no luck. I mean I have local, auto glass company accounts, auto sound accounts, body shop. But I have no Dealer ship. I have tried GOing to several of them, even I had to refuse or cancel a job cuz of them but I have no Luck. I need help in this matter. how do you guys get accounts.

Guest SQUEEGEE
Hi how can I get the dealer SHip accounts. I have tried going to the car dealers. but at first they would sound like very hope full.  but when you provide them with the pricelist and the whole 9 yard.  You dont see any thing.  I have tried going to several dealer ships but no luck.  I mean I have local, auto glass company accounts, auto sound accounts, body shop.  But I have no Dealer ship.  I have tried GOing to several of them, even I had to refuse or cancel a job cuz of them but I have no Luck.  I need help in this matter. how do you guys get accounts.

Find one that is receptive to your services. I've found that you almost have to approach them at the right time.

I got a dealership account simply because I showed up right when the Sales Mgr. was pissed at the company they were currently doing business with. Keep in mind though that the hammer can drop on you just the same. I was recently outed when they decided to go "in house".

Sounds like you've got other sources for business other than strictly retail. You may not even want to bother with dealerships. They are the highest demanding customer with the smallest profit margin. They can and often WILL cut your throat for someone that comes in $5.00 less than you. :rollin

Guest tintchick

another thing is that dealerships want it RIGHT NOW AND CHEAP,,,so often its better to not bend over backwards for them (to put it nicely) :rollin

Guest thetintshop

screw dealerships. more trouble than they're worth. if you can get by without them, do it. very few out there willing to be loyal and pay what it's worth.

Guest fimmo

I done work for vw and when I put in my invoice that clearly stated that it was to be paid 30 days from receipt of the invoice,I waited 60!!!!!! then I had to chase them to get it! believe me they are more trouble than they are worth. also I now refyse to go to them! if they need a tint job done then they bring the vehicle to me! when I did the particular vw job they asked if I could do the tint in their body shop! I had a look warm dry and not really that dusty,pretty clean to be honest,but just after I peeled the liner from the tint I had just shrunk on the backglass when some idiot boy who was buffing a newly painted bonnet,put to much cutting fluid on the bonnet(sorry-hood!!) and when he applied the buffer it sprayed my film ruining it! then the assistant manager comes along as I'm doin the second piece of film and wonders why I'm taking so long??????? so from now on they come to me! dealers! :thumb :booga

I been lucky one MB dealership I do work let me work in their back vehicle collection point...but they will also bring the car to me if and when I say........the main thing to gettin the dealer accounts is ......how big is the carrot u r shaking in front of their noses!!....best way is to give a few ?'s to the sales guys who r the guys who r gonna be selling your product for them. when u have used them a few times and they have been paid.....then its the sales guys who will push the manager to give u the accounts.......hopefully :thumb

first off, no such thing as an account. You do business with people, not an organization. Now, go down there and meet the salesmen. the Managers are all trying to pimp and be the big boss and keep everybody in line, they could give a rat about a 200 dollar tint. You make solid friends with new sales guys, or regular sales guys. Guess where managers come from? Sales guys are in line when the manager gets fired. Then you are in tight with a manager. Easy but takes a minute. Other plus is that salesmen love the green grass on the other side of the fence so they are always moving around. they take you with them when they go. then you meet other salespeople who become managers. In 5 years you will have 35-40 dealers just like me.

thank you all for the replay, (I am lucky,did'nt got burned :lol ).

the thing is I need to do atleast 2-3 cars a day. I also go to college. In a week at presetn I am doing average 2-4 cars a week, I need that number a Day to pay my College money rent and stuff, my DAd is helping me out curently, I mean I can make more just by doing deliveries but I want to do tinting cuz I love it.

I am aware of the fact that dealer ship is a different kind of animal. But I rather take the chance and increase my Buisness. I have tried kia,hundai, Infinity,Toyota(every time I call the guy he tells me that he will talk to the boss, if I go their boss(sales manager/financemanager) is not here and he tell me that he is not happy with the other tinter they have now. :rollin ).I have tried Suzuki,dodge,Ford(iknow ford sux)Chevy etc. But no luck. I mean I have about 10 other local accounts,which are (bodyshops,AutoSounds,AutoGlass,Detailing) but they are not producing enough Buisness for me. I dont know wut to do. :rollin:rollin

Thank you Guys For all the Input. MOre help on establishing buisness is VERY HIGHLY Appreciated.

Archived