what is to close

distance wise, what is to close to another tint shop. i would like to open a small shack. most of my customers are word or mouth and i do advertise but i about 70% 30%. i mainly need it for space . I do lots signage work and vinyl work etc etc. some advice please. I dont know anyone else to ask. thanks

Tough call there. I feel when there are more shops closer to each other it raises awareness. At one point there were 3 other shops within a 1/4 mile of the shop I am at and we are the longest running shop in the area. It was pretty cool when customers came in looking for my quote and I had the ability to out sell the competition 9 times out of 10.

i might just need to work on my selling skills ha but yeah i think there is 2 tint shops within 1 mile radius and one has been there do for while but not sure if its still active and the other just opened and is a bit hidden. Also 2 big signs shops and a big t shirt shop. might be risky but i been keeping everyone happy.

If you will notice... most Home Depot's are within visual sight of a Lowe's  

Don't be afraid to open up right next door to your competition.  It will be good for your business to have another business of the same type really close by.  You can catch the overflow if they are established... or you can out do them with better work and grow your business and watch them leave.  Leaving you with a newly established location.

Now the same could happen to you, but you just have to better than the other guy  :twocents 

If you will notice... most Home Depot's are within visual sight of a Lowe's  

Don't be afraid to open up right next door to your competition.  It will be good for your business to have another business of the same type really close by.  You can catch the overflow if they are established... or you can out do them with better work and grow your business and watch them leave.  Leaving you with a newly established location.

Now the same could happen to you, but you just have to better than the other guy   :twocents

Heading out tomorrow going to meet the realtor hopefully i like that spot and it works out

thanks for the examples wich are very true i see it here a lot wal marts in front of targets etc etc 

Archived