2015 lexus ls460

mibishi

getting a few of these coming in tips on getting the tint to move and not crinkle up from the side roll up and go on easier been trying ten different things and still getting a small kink in the side this is also sticky as can be

G                                                                                     ,                                                ,                                                                       .

Front door: using a plastic gasket wedge pop out the window switches. Go behind the handle and pop out the cover, then under the arm rest in the back left corner there is another screw (all Phillips) once you get the 3 screws out gently slide a panel puller in the side just below the top corner (where the light lock is) that's the first door plug. Easily pull the rest of the plus out going down around to the other side releasing tension on the door/ gasket. Lift the door panel up (3 metal clips hold it in place along with a stud) this removes the door panel and gasket. On each side of the plastic guard there is 1 more of the plugs. Once they're all out clean and install with a bottom loading. The front corner are a nightmare to get into (I suggest ez reach, or something similar. You need length but keep it thin)

Back doors: take the plastic gasket tool and from the back side (where the 1/4 window is) wedge it between the glass and the plastic. Pull until it pops out. There are 2 clips on the opposing side holding it in place. Shimmy it forward to expose the metal frame. I didn't pull the panels of the back doors but the same method works as in the front.

Imo these are awful and take way more time than they should.

P.S. LOTS OF SLIP is your friend with these Windows. If you are unsure of anything there is a video on YouTube for removing the panels.

Over all I give it a 4 on the hard scale.... 10 being a Beretta, 1 being the new focus

Front door: using a plastic gasket wedge pop out the window switches. Go behind the handle and pop out the cover, then under the arm rest in the back left corner there is another screw (all Phillips) once you get the 3 screws out gently slide a panel puller in the side just below the top corner (where the light lock is) that's the first door plug. Easily pull the rest of the plus out going down around to the other side releasing tension on the door/ gasket. Lift the door panel up (3 metal clips hold it in place along with a stud) this removes the door panel and gasket. On each side of the plastic guard there is 1 more of the plugs. Once they're all out clean and install with a bottom loading. The front corner are a nightmare to get into (I suggest ez reach, or something similar. You need length but keep it thin)

Back doors: take the plastic gasket tool and from the back side (where the 1/4 window is) wedge it between the glass and the plastic. Pull until it pops out. There are 2 clips on the opposing side holding it in place. Shimmy it forward to expose the metal frame. I didn't pull the panels of the back doors but the same method works as in the front.

Imo these are awful and take way more time than they should.

P.S. LOTS OF SLIP is your friend with these Windows. If you are unsure of anything there is a video on YouTube for removing the panels.

Over all I give it a 4 on the hard scale.... 10 being a Beretta, 1 being the new focus

Are the rear doors the same as a 15 460L? The fronts are but the rears have power privacy screens.

Archived