2015 fusion

pkj08

I recently did one of these and I had trouble doing the back window in one piece. So I did it in 2 pieces but I had trouble getting the seam cut straight. I had a small light gap in the middle. I saw it a few days after I did it and didn't like how it looked so I told them to bring it back and I would fix it. My question is do you guys normally do this window in 1 or 2 pieces. I normally do rear windows in 1 piece.

I'm using a baby powder method.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only issue I have had in the fusion is the tight bottom edge of the back window glass.

Easy shrink.

Ok thanks, would it be better to try the soap method? I'm going to try it in 1 piece again.. We will see how it goes. I didn't have any trouble with the bottom of the window.

Are you a full time tinter? It says your experience dates back to 2004, I'm not mocking you in any way but just curious as this backglass should not be giving a pro any difficulty while shrinking. Maybe you just had a bad day :dunno Like ryker says the difficult part is installing the film as the bottom can be very tight. Also I use a dryer sheet. Good luck on the next install.

I'm not a full time tinter, more of a hobby. I've been a lot busier this year than most. I think the window being as tall as it was is the main issue I had. But like u said I may have had a bad day that day too.

It's cool man, we've all had those days. That window is a bit larger than most and difficulty wise I would say slightly more difficult than the average car due to its size.

I would recommend using a dryer sheet and cutting the film big. Then maybe lifting and pulling the film a bit as you get to the top :thumb2

funny how it works but I just had one in to tint today.  Not a big hard shrink.  Split with the "double H" pattern and it lays out real nice.  Ryker method worked great.  Pocket the bottom and a bit of a lift on the top....

soapy water wiped on the glass and let to dry....very much like the soap but also very much like the dryer sheet.  Sort of a middle of those two techniques.

Archived