EWF True Smoke or Classic Black

I am currently using Global QDP but I am just a starter tinter so my quality jobs are not perfect yet. I have someone near me that is charging less than me and is busy all the time. I can't afford to keep using Global because the film just sits and collect dust. I am almost near the end of my rolls finally, and need advice. I am either going to order True Smoke or Classic Black. Will True Smoke hold up from not fading in Illinois? ClassonGlass, I need your opinion on well the film holds up? Thanks!

Hello Shade Tint,

True Smoke & True Black are non-Color Stable Films.  Classic Black is a Lifetime Color Stable Product.  There is no comparing these two products.

You are in IL, so give the crew at Global Dragon a call and they will take great care of you.

Regards,

Howard

It takes a different technique to shrink the true smoke and true black. I would say if you want something cheap go with nexfil professional chip infused film or the classic black from express if you want a nice color stable film which will hold up well against fading. the nexfil film is a good stating film for cheap customers. that is what I use as my entry level film and make some good money off of it.

Sun control which is made by Gareware[global] comes in at **5$ on there websiste for a 36 inch roll and is color stable
The price is here http://suncontrolusa.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_6
  From my experience is indistinguishable in handleing and shrinking compared to global. { I use both} suncontrol for the cheapos and global for the high performance. I have friends of mine that i did over 2 years ago in the suncontrol and it has not faded a bit!

The only thing difference I could tell between the 2 is optical clarity. but it is almost unnoticeable.I actually just noticed it the other day for the first time after havin on for over 2 weeks. I have global hp 35 on sides and 50 suncontrol on the windshield and there is a very very very slight difference in optical clairy but if it wasnt for the fact they were right next to each other there is no way youd ever tell

Best wishes. . . 
If anyone has a cheaper film that has the quality/color stable /forgiveness and shrinkability of Gareware Suncontrol. . .LET ME KNOW

[ I am not supposed to give the price even if its online]

Edited by Go2Guy

Hello Shade Tint,

My name is Shawn and I am with Global-Dragon. We are the authorized Global window film distributor for Illinois. You have chosen an exceptional brand for your business. We have other films available at different price points for you to evaluate or use for training purposes. Please give me a call at 800-825-3746 or PM me you contact information so I can have one of our sales reps get in contact with you.

Have a super awesome Global day!

Shawn

I'll be honest with you man I would stock at least 2 or 3 different grades of films, get some cheap film from nexfil to compete with the cheaper shops and get customers in the door with tempting pricing then show them the difference between all the films you carry. color, thickness and heat rejection with a heat lamp. Once they are able to see and feel the difference between the quality of films then they will understand why they are paying 350.00 - 450.00 to tint their car. I have been making a killing using this strategy over the last year and a bit.

This is what I would suggest:

1)Nexfil window film- 1 ply or 2 ply ( which ever you prefer) chip infused dyed window film - very cheap in price to compete with low ballers (non color stable film which WILL FADE)

2)Express window films / global - color stable window film if you like using that product.  I personally use solar free window films nano-carbon window film. VERY reasonably priced so you can offer a higher grade film but doesn't break the bank( love these guys)

3)Nano-Ceramic film, This is where you will need a heat lamp to really show customers how much heat these films block and why they are paying 400 plus for a tint job haha.

express window films stocks a ceramic film which is priced very well as well as Solar free window films. I'm sure there are a few more out there that have good pricing as well but those are the only 2 that I came across that aren't super expensive.

Hi shades tint. . I don't have any inside looking out pics but I have A bunch of outside looking in pics on my google Drive @ https://goo.gl/XABdU0 . . . check it out . . .the color matches factory dyed glass almost perfectly . . . Every single one of these cars was done with Gareware Sun Control (same OEM that makes global)the film is in NR CHARCOL 1.5 mil and in the pictures it shows all use of all shades of 5 20 35 40and 50. The film handles amazingly and is color stable!

Edited by Go2Guy