EWF True Smoke or Classic Black

Guest temonunez26

So I just installed Classic Black 1.2 20% on my focus... the true black 20%turned brown after 2 years. The classic black has a charcoal tone the clarity is good super easy to work with. Im actually happy with the aesthetics and ill post some pix later. I was concerned cuss someone said they had gotten one that looked brown out the box but Im glad to report I didnt have that problem. Crossing fingers it wont turn brown or purple.

So I just installed Classic Black 1.2 20% on my focus... the true black 20%turned brown after 2 years. The classic black has a charcoal tone the clarity is good super easy to work with. Im actually happy with the aesthetics and ill post some pix later. I was concerned cuss someone said they had gotten one that looked brown out the box but Im glad to report I didnt have that problem. Crossing fingers it wont turn brown or purple.

I believe you might be confusing your films. In another thread Howard had verified that the Classic Black is a 1.5m film, not 1.2. 

Classic Black is reboxed QDP, thats why its color stable.  Great film by the way.

I believe you're referring to classic charcoal. Classic black, while a good film, isn't QDP. Classic black is made unique to EWF. I'm sure Howard will correct me if I'm wrong.

Kid you not the site list it as 1.2 I know theres also 1.5

It is 1.2 but it has nothing to do with the thickness of the film. The actual film thickness is 1.5

So Lock is saying that the 1.2 has nothing to do with the thickness? I remember using the Global film "which is the same as the EWF charcoal" back around 2007-2009 and there was the QD which was a 1m film and then the QDP which was a 1.2m film. The QDP wasn't as thin I guess the reason why they added the "P" for plus. I have never used the Classic Black, but from what I read on another thread was that it is considered a 1.5m film that came right from Howard's post. 

There was a time (7+ years ago) when our NR 2 Ply Films were 1.2M thick.   For production efficiencies, it started making more sense to run everything as a 1.5.  We have so many legacy customers that order films as 1.2 that we did not want to create a train wreck of confusion, so the names have held.

NR Classic Charcoal & Classic Black are both 1.5M thick.

Sincere apologies for the confusion.

-Howard

I thought the classic black had a brownish look to it. I think I used one roll and switched back to the classic charcoal hp. The hp does not have any coloring to it brown, blue, green, etc.