Mercedes e350 2011 2 dr coupe

noteboom80

Whats the best way to go about tinting the roll down rear windows on these? Just about managed it but what a bitch. also a bit too much contamination for my liking.

You'll have to remove the gasket in order to do this with ease. 

On the older models there MIGHT be a screw just on the side of the frame where the door opens. This will release the plate that overlaps the gaskets end piece.

If there is no plate then just continue to pry away at the gasket making sure how you took it off because it could be tricky sometimes to replace.

Once you've released the end, roll down the rear window and standing from the outside push against the panel to release it from the clips which are attached to the frame. 

You can do one of the following: Either pull up on the gasket and bend it behind the rear head rest so you can momentarily install your piece and then replace the gasket in place. 

Or you can remove it completely by starting from the end you originally pried out. One smooth motion give it a nice tug and slide it out. To replace put some of your bottled solution under the gasket that slides against the frame so you can slide it back in place with ease.

After that just push the panel back into place insuring it is completely snapped in place by the metal clips. Then start working the end of the gasket back into the crevices of the sidewall. 

Next time I get one of these e350 coupes with this window I will do a write up on it. 

Get a pair of auto body suction cups and have a buddy pull the glass back a bit to make that an easier slide. Just did one recently things are a pita. My "buddy" thought it was a good idea to dig his knee in the body panel why he was pulling back and dented the rear quarter panel. Luckily my pdr guy saved my ass.

I push the gasket down, peel the entire liner, install the bottom first and let the middle and top part of the film kind of just fall onto the window..once its all on the glass, push on it and slide it up towards the top edge..those windows move some when you push on em..not a terrible window once you have done a couple

I push the gasket down, peel the entire liner, install the bottom first and let the middle and top part of the film kind of just fall onto the window..once its all on the glass, push on it and slide it up towards the top edge..those windows move some when you push on em..not a terrible window once you have done a couple

this is how i do mine. if your using plotter patterns it makes it a bit easier.