My Window Tint Experience: imperfections because of welding chips and

After our last exchange I doubt he'll be making the situation right. I'm not sure I would even want him to re-do the car if he offered it. I believe he should not be tinting since he did not even attempt to remove the bubbles from the side windows. 

I'm not a BMW owner. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry....I just searched for the window number and it came up BMW....didn't even see the Audi until after you replied....

anyway...just having fun with the BMW bit....

Where are you located?

Wow....     This forum gets a lot of traffic and we have had quite a few customers posting up asking for advice...

Usually I give them a ' The installer probably could have had a bad day' or something not to damming....   but this is beyond that....

You got a bad tint job dude !  I'm sorry.....     The reality is that for every great window tinter there is a bad one... hence the huge swing in pricing between shops in all areas..... 

Regardless....  I would take your car back and ask him nicely to look at it again and give him a chance to make it right...   I would be surprised if after seeing his results in person he would still tell you to get lost....  

Best of luck dude ! :thumb

sorry....I just searched for the window number and it came up BMW....didn't even see the Audi until after you replied....

anyway...just having fun with the BMW bit....

Where are you located?

BMW owners sure have a bad rep. All in good fun though.

California.

what did you pay to have this done btw? just a ball park figure.

$200 for the rear windows (two doors, two small windows, large rear window).

Wow....     This forum gets a lot of traffic and we have had quite a few customers posting up asking for advice...

Usually I give them a ' The installer probably could have had a bad day' or something not to damming....   but this is beyond that....

You got a bad tint job dude !  I'm sorry.....     The reality is that for every great window tinter there is a bad one... hence the huge swing in pricing between shops in all areas..... 

Regardless....  I would take your car back and ask him nicely to look at it again and give him a chance to make it right...   I would be surprised if after seeing his results in person he would still tell you to get lost....  

Best of luck dude ! :thumb

I don't really want to deal with him after our last exchange. 

I have decided to publish my experience/review. No customer deserves to be yelled at, interrupted, or hung up on as a result of poor service. That is no way to run a business.

As much as it pains me, I believe the review will be detrimental to the company/installer. He doesn't have any reviews online. My review will be the first and will likely turn away many potential customers. 

Hate to be brash, but the guy is a hack.

Because he offered to redo the rear himself while fresh, I'd assume the left over adhesive is because the vehicle was previously tinted. Probably removed because it had gone to hell and whoever was selling/reselling/whatever had it quickly removed to move the vehicle. But after the first attempt, if he was just trying to slam out the vehicle, he should have known it was done before and then taken some fairly simple steps to remove the left over crude before retrying. And a lot of that isn't left over adhesive, there's creases and other ridiculousness going on. And the trash in the side windows is because somebody didn't bother cleaning well or using some tape or just... doing something well. Jeez.

That being said, I've seen worse on brand new cars... And customer's who have been way more irate about it. Hats off to you for being reasonable and calm. Some guys flip over nothing and others just roll with it. Shop around, you'll find a great installer and then just stick with them with all your vehicles. We all love loyal customers!

It was also very unprofessional of him to blame the customer rather than owning up to his mistake. 

I had a shop near me that used to always have the same complaints. Ever car they tinted that came back, somehow it was the customers fault. I did so many redos because of that shop.

Oh yeah. BTW. They are no longer in business. :evilgrin

Archived