2003 C240 window tinting problem?

Guest Brabus

Guest Brabus

I just got my brand new 2003 c240's windows tinted yesterday. Before the window tinter did the job he did warn me of a few problems.

1. radio reception will adversly affected (maybe)

2. because the c240's side windows have this plastic strip (instead of cloth which is whats on the outside) running along the top of the door panel in between the window and the top of the door panel.

I am most concerend with problem 2. I mean, as I was driving away he is telling me to remember "from now on try to roll your windows down as little as possible"

when I called the dealer they told me that they always recommend that mercedes owners NOT tint their cars windown because they already have a factory tint.

is their anyway I can modify or switch out that strip for a cloth one???

has anyone else had this problem??? is this a real concern???

please help

Justin

your dealer was right about your car, basicly ALL mercedes have this problem. the good news is you CAN get a felt seal installed on the plastic on you have now. your gonna need to call around to shops and ask them if they do it otherwise they will just tint the car like normal.

C.R.LAWRENCE makes a stick on felt gasket tha can be used to fix this problem. the trick is your gonna have to call around to find a tint shop that does this, not all of them do.

Guest thetintshop
when I called the dealer they told me that they always recommend that mercedes owners NOT tint their cars windown because they already have a factory tint.

yeah, THIS is the solution to their problem.

wonder what solution they're gonna come up with in 5 years when the glass is all scratched up?

I hate fvckin car dealers.

wonder what solution they're gonna come up with in 5 years when the glass is all scratched up?

I can hear it now. uh sir we recommend that you drive aroiund with NO glass in your car :thumb

Guest DJCarl

ummm I was gonna ask the same question about the 2003 C class... so which one is it?

one guy says you don't. the other says you do.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Archived