My .02 of what this industry could use

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting rid of illegal tint is going to be as impossible as getting rid of the cheap tint shops or the low ball flat glass shops.

As long as there is a demand they will exist. Sad but true.

There are always going to be trunk monkeys, but they could be weeded out to some extent if they were not able to get their hands on quality films. This would take a concerted effort from all parties involved. It would not be easy.

However, if the real mfrs wanted to impose mandatory training requirements in order to purchase professional grade material,I think it would be a good start. I also think it would allow mfrs to gain more customer loyalty. They could / should offer several courses a year that are designed for specific advanced training and even sales or marketing seminars. IMO, I think it would only create a stronger bond with dealers and mfrs.

I agree with a lot of it. I really, really do.

But hey, some of the worst auto work (including damage, and trying to pass it off to customers) I've seen were from distributors trying to train dealers to do it in house. Who's fault is that?

Although tighter guidelines would be great, especially when it comes to dangerously dark auto windows or flat glass installs where glass breakage, etc is an issue... it will not solve the problem.

Everybody has seen, at the very least on tv, people who have had a bad boob job. Not necessarily butchered or died or something horrible from it, just an ugly one. They have problems in their industry too, and many of them operate for years doing the job just well enough to not be completely nailed to the wall, but it eventually catches up. Run your show well, be a step above the rest and always ensure quality leaves your shop, or if something does get through, your customer service level turns an annoying situation into one where you gain referrals.

I'm not aware of any further training requirements with F1 or VEP. This is getting off the OP, but if a mfr were to offer advanced training/ classes to qualified dealers on a regular basis,I think most dealers would see value in that and any price increase would be irrelevant.

Maybe getting a little off topic but training certification is required for VEP installers therefore eliminating certain employers/employees from picking up the film and monkeying around with it.

You are correct,the film takes a bit more effort to install and they want dealers to be aware of certain techniques/ requirements. That's a good thing. After that you are on your own.

Yeah, like mfrs setting up local dealershits to do in-house tinting only offering one type and maybe two shades of film.

And I'm so glad they do. If You can't compete...get out of the game. Meanwhile, I'll be over here busting My ass and earning big ass paychecks....with benefits....and no weekends...and 8 to 5....shall I go on? :dunno

Stop worrying about the cars You can't get, and start working on the ones You can. :cool

Archived