I need to learn how to install leather

So we already tint, 12v, glass and Line-X and I need to learn how to install leather seats. Mainly, I'm looking for a class that katskinz will accredit. The owner wants to make sure they won't blame us in the event a leather skin doesn't allow the airbag to deploy. Can any of you recommend one? Preferably in the south / south east. Thx

Hey tintme69,   not sure about the install course?  that might be hard to find :dunno  

Have you checked to make sure you can get Katskins??   They have a strict territory policy and wouldn't work with us because another shop in the area already had rights to the area.  Just trying to catch a problem before it starts.   

Good luck.  :beer  

I have used several companies for leather and use Katzkin now. Not impressed with the patterns these days, there are ALOT of issues. Gosford or even roadwire may be a better choice. 

I have never heard of a training facility for Katz, and I will tell you right now they SUCK if you need help with something. Doing the air bags is usually very simple. leatherseats.com has videos on youtube that show some installs. I can also tell you that installing, say a 2015 Tacoma v/s a 2015 Pathfinder is as different as building a paper airplane and building a spaceship. Good luck and holler if you have questions. 

One other thing, I sell headrest shrinkers on ebay, I don't have one listed right now but theres a few in my truck. Trust me, you will want one. (Katzkin sells a stand model also for around 700.00 bucks.)

I have used several companies for leather and use Katzkin now. Not impressed with the patterns these days, there are ALOT of issues. Gosford or even roadwire may be a better choice. 

I have never heard of a training facility for Katz, and I will tell you right now they SUCK if you need help with something. Doing the air bags is usually very simple. leatherseats.com has videos on youtube that show some installs. I can also tell you that installing, say a 2015 Tacoma v/s a 2015 Pathfinder is as different as building a paper airplane and building a spaceship. Good luck and holler if you have questions. 

One other thing, I sell headrest shrinkers on ebay, I don't have one listed right now but theres a few in my truck. Trust me, you will want one. (Katzkin sells a stand model also for around 700.00 bucks.)

:yeah  We almost went with Roadwire when we couldn't get Katzkins.  I would check them out.  

You are not the first person I've heard say that about the quality of Katzkins lately.   And that headrest thing is a MUST HAVE.  Good on ya for selling them.   If we decide to get back into upholstery work, I will look you up.   :win

That's some Good info  Mr. Pyramids :thumb

Archived