1983 Chevy camaro

Shadow Glass

i have a customer who has a 83 camaro. Any tips?

I've read to not shrink at all and then to wet shrink it. When wet shrinking do you lock down the middle and heat and stretch the sides?

Or do you lock down the sides of the window and make a pocket in the middle of the glass?

Never down a window like this. I was hoping j never had to but I don't want to waste a bunch of tint. Or make the customer mad.

Thanks.

There are not as hard as they look. Once you lay the film on the outside wet you'll see.

I just shrink the top 6 inches the hard part is the braided defroster on the sides clean them well.

Don't wet bottom at all to much slip there will give you fits and you will need to heat the dovetail while installing.

Don't forget to overcompensate the distance away from the rear defrost . You'll be surprised when you lay it up on the inside of the glass how much closer it will get to the defrost bar. A pain if you have to cut extra out after the fact. I use to tint lots of these in the day when they were new from the dealership. agreed with heating the dovetail and do yourself a favour and sand the black lines for a bit better bond

thanks for all the great tips.  I've always searched on this forum but never was a member.  Thanks for the warm comments.  Ill let you guys know how it goes and if I did anything different.  Which I'm sure I will do just what you told me.. I appreciate it. 

I almost nailed this bg today, but fell short at the end.  I think I'm gonna start 2 piecing these.  I Did wet shrink and I thought it looked good.  Then i installed it.  Not so good.  I had one 8in finger on the upper passenger side.  Couldn't get it to lay, just creased it.  Luckily it was a race car and the owner was still pleased.  

As I say , I did lots of these when they were new from the dealership. If your going to do 2 pieces, use a 24" roll and overlap on the 7th heater wire from the bottom . Don't forget to cartwheel the second pull off the 24" roll so the grain of the tint doesn't look different than the first peice :trustme