Thought I heard it all

Guest Litespeeds

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Against The Wind

I definitely don't think your prices are unreasonable, S and S. I would have told that person to move along if they think you're prices are too high. Some people just don't get it... That's why tinting is as much mental for me as it is physical. Some of the people you have to put up with are rare specimens.

Guest S and S

Oh trust me ATW I know my prices arent unreasonable!!! I told him good luck!!! My closest competitior is 40 miles away and we are good friends...he and my hubby started that biz 20 years ago....and his prices are mine excately...

Guest crewdog10
A lady calls me for a quote for 5 different vehicles.  She and her friends were looking at getting a deal for doing all their cars.  She asked for the prices for each vehicle and told me exactly what each person wanted.  I gave her the quote and she said that she would discuss it with her friends and tell me in a couple of days.  She calls back 2 days later and told me that her friends and her thought that my prices were a little too high because they were only planning on spending $40-$45 per window on their car.  My quote was around $50-$55 for each window.

I told her that I do not price my jobs by the window because every window is different and the back glass is usually the most expensive.  She wanted me to break down my prices for each piece of glass on each car and I told her that if I did that, the price will actually end up more expensive.  In any case, she told me that she will find somebody else that is cheaper.  I told her good luck and that was the end of it.

Can you believe she was actually shopping around for prices for their cars and breaking down the price into an average for each window?  :nope  :lol

That is definitely a new one on me.  Being in business for 16 years, I guess nothing really surprises me anymore.  :shock

Maybe it was the competion doing some market resea :hmmm rch.

Archived