2014 ram rear window

scgolfer88

What are you guys doing to avoid a light gap around the slider clip, and the latch on the driver side window? I've got very little experience with rear sliders, and what I do have they've mostly had a slight primer edge around them so cutting wasn't too hard...

This one has no edge and I'm having an extremely hard time getting it cut to my standards...

On the 2 door ones I just cut around the clip. Then to deal with the light gap I have a can of that black paint the windshield installers paint onto the metal edge when installing windshields. I wold call is urethane primer. I just use some blue painters tape to mask off the area around the clip and a Q tip to paint some of that on the glass. It lasts forever.

On the 2 door ones I just cut around the clip. Then to deal with the light gap I have a can of that black paint the windshield installers paint onto the metal edge when installing windshields. I wold call is urethane primer. I just use some blue painters tape to mask off the area around the clip and a Q tip to paint some of that on the glass. It lasts forever.

That was not a dumb idea  :thumb

Archived