Carbon based film

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its a numbers game. used to use sungard and solar guard films. most will fail in 4 or 5 years. average persons gets

a new car every 2 or 3 years. refered to as predetermined obsolesance. the new owners have to have it stripped and retinted.

manufactures know this and now sell more film.

started usung proview films in carbon and ceramic. takes a little longer for the install but know it will last alot longer.

its a numbers game. used to use sungard and solar guard films. most will fail in 4 or 5 years. average persons getsa new car every 2 or 3 years. refered to as predetermined obsolesance. the new owners have to have it stripped and retinted.manufactures know this and now sell more film.started usung proview films in carbon and ceramic. takes a little longer for the install but know it will last alot longer.

Madico bought sungard

solargard has changed hands a few times and their quality dropped,,it lasted good while back

I want an auto film construction master thread that explains every single type... just a wish :lol I was always of the understanding that 'carbon' film is a marketing thing and they're just a type of dyed product. Maybe I'm way lost. I get all the traditional terms... dyed, bath/dip dyed, sputtered, etc. I also get that CXP for example utilizes IR absorbing dyes and is not a ceramic product. Etc. 

its a numbers game. used to use sungard and solar guard films. most will fail in 4 or 5 years. average persons gets

a new car every 2 or 3 years. refered to as predetermined obsolesance. the new owners have to have it stripped and retinted.

manufactures know this and now sell more film.

started usung proview films in carbon and ceramic. takes a little longer for the install but know it will last alot longer.

I just got an ad in the mail for Proview.

I've never heard of them before I received their mailer.

How is their product?

Maybe I'll make this its own post.

proview used to be courgage distribution. Ron my rep got me into sungard but when madico bought sungard they pulled the line.

I cant tint as fast with their film, but better construction. thicker adhesive, no need to glue matrix most of the time. very

stretchy film.

Carbon based film - When will big name mannys start producing a dye free film?

Suntek filed a patent on carbon in 2001

http://www.patentgenius.com/patent/7057805.html

Abstract: The solar control film can be prepared by a process which involves mixing a composition comprised of carbon black in particulate form dispersed in a nitrocellulose resin with a polymer forming material to form a coating composition and applying the coating composition to a component of a solar control film whereby the coating composition forms a scratch resistant layer containing dispersed carbon black particles.

Today, almost every major china window film manufacfurer produces them

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Giant-carbon-resin-coloring-building-window-film/1898853_503820794.html

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/zeofilms/product-detailsbOxXZQvMdrf/China-Carbon-Nano-High-Heat-Rejection-Film.html

Today, almost every major china window film manufacfurer produces them

This baby used to participate in SEMA during early 2010s under the name Shanghai Jinwu. Although they are Chinese, they hired an engineer from a now defunct famous Korean manufacturer to kick start their window film business but I am not sure if the gentlemen is still with them.

Today, their new name is Shanghai Hochi

http://www.hochitech.com/en

and they are currently the largest China-based carbon film exporter to US under private labels. :)

Carbon films are cheap and dual-ply are better than single-ply due to some technical issues.

Archived