Tint tac mix prep tip?

Got some tint tac from Flex Film a while back when I sampled their tint.  Which is very good by the way.  Had a hard time deciding between them and SolarFX, which as most of you know I favor the SolarFX for sheer customer service.  Tint quality is a crap shoot for me on these two.  But enough with that.  I am curious to use the tint tac but not sure how to get the proper mixture.  I use the P2 pump sprayer and was wondering if you guys have a quick measure way of doing the tint tac.  Like a cap full per sprayer, or two caps full...whatever.  I can't remember the recommendation on the bottle off the top of my head.  Think it is like .5oz per something, but instead of getting something to measure it out to the "t" I thought I would see if you guys have a quick trick on it...Thanks!

As with any slip agent mix ratio it is about personal preference. Play with it until you find what works best for you. 

Side glass needs be slippery enough for targeted placement yet will allow tack in place with the first 1-3 squeegee passes.

Back glass and windscreen slip solution generally need be a bit more slippery given the size of the film piece. 

I like 1.5 ounces per gallon most of the time.  Temperature is the variable.  I basically just want to say what smartie just said from this point.  I add a bit more for back glass.  I actually alternate between 3 cap fulls and 4 cap fulls as needed in a quart sprayer. I use the caps off the 4 ounce sample bottle.  Just a side note... we have only had two film failures with our nano technology film in 5 years.  The two failures were isolated and involved mounting adhesive.  We can not rule out that the installer used something that may have facilitated the failure.  Not a bad track record in 5 years. 

Okay, so I used this a few times.  Did three cap fulls and works nice.  My only hiccup is using this for the application, but using soapy water for the outside cutting, cleaning the window, etc.  You guys use the tint tac mix for the whole install or are you using two different sprayers.  One for the soapy water and one for the tint tac?  I just don't like going back and forth.  Rather just have a one stop shop.

As with any slip agent mix ratio it is about personal preference. Play with it until you find what works best for you. 

Side glass needs be slippery enough for targeted placement yet will allow tack in place with the first 1-3 squeegee passes.

Back glass and windscreen slip solution generally need be a bit more slippery given the size of the film piece. 

What Smartie said :beer

Archived