2016 Explorer 1/4 windows

Bham

If you have to do the back doors on a new '16 Explorer. beware of the quarter windows. Hopefully you will be doing one that is already tinted. If not, let them know it won't be perfect on the 1/4 and you might have to use the blackout pen.

There is a hard rubber gasket that protrudes about 1/4" into the glass. It cannot be removed without a lot of work(unnecessary work), making a real PITA.

These pics are to show the difference in the patterns.  The darker image is the inside pattern.  The lighter portion is if you cut it on the outside.  
post-28358-0-99203200-1443463414_thumb.j
post-28358-0-18960100-1443463440_thumb.j

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have done a bunch of these. Do not trim the rubber or it will make it way worse. I cut them a tad over sized then trim the back part after install. It will have a slight light gap that can only be seen looking at an angle from the front seat back. I use a paint touch up dabber and glass primer to fill it in. Works way better then a tint marker thing.

You guys know you can get your EZ reach behind it... just saying!!!  no different than 2014, 2013.

Normally, I would say yes, but these are way too tight to make that work.   :nope   :trustme

You guys know you can get your EZ reach behind it... just saying!!!  no different than 2014, 2013.

Normally, I would say yes, but these are way too tight to make that work.   :nope   :trustme

Stick 4 bones in there before you start the car, leave the quarters till the end... they will be as loose as a hooker. LOL. 

Archived