2016 Explorer 1/4 windows

Bham

Stick 4 bones in there before you start the car, leave the quarters till the end... they will be as loose as a hooker. LOL. 

I hope I don't have to do one that is not factory tinted.  If so, I will probably try something like this first.  I would have to worry about the amount of tension that the rubber is putting on the film, if I did get it to tuck under there.  I could see that being an issue with causing the film twist over time  :dunno 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what do you do, trim the rubber at an angle towards the glass?  I am only asking cause I have never trim rubbers on any quarter windows, but hey who knows - today I will learn something new. 

If I were to trim, it would only be a very thin line of rubber being taken off.  Just enough to give an edge to trim against after install.  I've noticed the film lays better against a slightly trimmed edge rather than the sometimes rolled edge when left untrimmed.  Leave the pattern just a smidge long and when you squeegee down at install, it seems to stay closer allowing for a better trim.  IMO.  

Seals were pretty tight. Thank god they were already tinted. One side I took the white hard card and stuck in there to see where the edge was at and you could see it then. Other side though I did manage to get it slid all the way. Not that you could see any of this with them being factory tinted. I took some plastic door panel removal tools I had and wedged in there from the start of the vehicle. Good luck on the untinted ones.

Archived