X5

Guest DapaaTints

the door panels are easy too pull, if you get a high spec model the blinds get in the way, also when you take of the door panel watch out for a cable attached to the door panel, its very short and if you pull the panel quickly, you can easily pull the wire out of the light fixing, as eclipse says, the rear spoiler can be a bit tricky, it prevents you shrinking the rear screen properly, I take it off, its only a couple of 10mm bolts

Guest DapaaTints

Cheers Matty - just to clarify, I could as on the newer 3 series BMW's, just remove the wood trim to expose 2 torx bits screws. After I unscrew them, PULL BACK on the top panel to gain access to the trim piece to pry or pull out the trim piece? this way I dont have to remove the whole door panel?

to be honest im not sure, ive got stripper fitters to take panels off ect... so I dont get to see how they strip down, saying that I would imagine it would be the same as the e46 bmw, just pry off the venner trim and undoo the screws and pull the top only, a lot easier that taking the whole panel off, I will investigate next time I got one to do..

My personal experience, which is typically only with newer BMW's is to always pull the door panels off totally. You won't risk damage to the seals, they are easy to bend, and you just have a cable and a wire or two to disconnect. I like to play it safe. Plus when it goes back together, you know for a fact every clip clicked back in place properly and no pissed off picky-a$$ Beemer owner. Most around here that I get are military. Cool as can be as long as they see every step was for his car's benefit. :passout:sad

Guest naughtydog

Just flip out the trim piece and expose the torks screw( 2 on front doors, one on rear), carefull pull top of panel back, give it a firm tug and you can then easily hook out the rubber.

I have pulled the full panels on these and as mentioned by matty, be careful that you dont damage the electrical connection which goes to the inner release handle, it's a little fibre optic affair that pulls off to easily. The loom is too short, that's why it damages.

Other than that...easy

Archived