Which tint brand to pick?

Hello,

I am new to this forum. so i apologize in advance if i am posting in wrong place. so i want to get my car tinted. so i called around in my area and found out some options that i can pick.

Option A: Suntek Carbon $249.00 +tax (they offer wider % of shades)

Option B: This shop uses 3 brands (i don't know particular kind but shop person said they are all HP and not metalized) (35% and lower shade)

Llumar: $219.00 + tax

Suntek: $219.00 + tax

Johnson: $219.00 + tax

I know suntek offers HP but cant find Llumar and Johnson offoring HP

Option C: Suntek HP $219+ tax  (35% and lower shade)

Option D: Johnson: $219 + tax (I got remote start installed here so he lowered it to $200.00 +tax)  (35% and lower shade)

Option E: Solar Guard: $219.00 + tax.  (35% and lower shade)

As far as warranty i know all of them offer fading, peeling and bubbling.

I am leaning towards Option B. 35%  Llumar all around.

If going with option B most "HP" films are metalized meaning that the Llumar brand offered as a "HP" film should be the ATR series. If looking for a non-metal film from Llumar, ask about the ATC or the CTX. 

Does the pricing for Llumar seems right to you? I heard so many good things about it and and thought it would be expensive as 3M

I can only guess that it is about right depending on what they are actually offering you. Maybe someone here from around your area will chime in and give a little better of an idea on what lulu film typically goes for. 

Hello,

I am new to this forum. so i apologize in advance if i am posting in wrong place. so i want to get my car tinted. so i called around in my area and found out some options that i can pick.

Option A: Suntek Carbon $249.00 +tax (they offer wider % of shades)

Option B: This shop uses 3 brands (i don't know particular kind but shop person said they are all HP and not metalized) (35% and lower shade)

Llumar: $219.00 + tax

Suntek: $219.00 + tax

Johnson: $219.00 + tax

I know suntek offers HP but cant find Llumar and Johnson offoring HP

Option C: Suntek HP $219+ tax (35% and lower shade)

Option D: Johnson: $219 + tax (I got remote start installed here so he lowered it to $200.00 +tax) (35% and lower shade)

Option E: Solar Guard: $219.00 + tax. (35% and lower shade)

As far as warranty i know all of them offer fading, peeling and bubbling.

I am leaning towards Option B. 35% Llumar all around.

Where are you located?

I don't know how tint shops survive in Pennsylvania. Isn't it illegal to tint your windows there?

Suntek, llumar, and Johnson are all well known quality brands.

Yes 70% all around. I live in Pittsburgh. I see many cars with tinted windows and some are even darker than factory. I am just looking for factory match nothing  more.

Llumar would be my choice, and based on that price it is most likely Llumar ATC which is their first level dye stable film.  ATR is their HP film which is one step up.  Besides getting the brand name, make sure you know the actual level of film you are getting.  As stated above, the term "HP" is High Performance is most always a metalized window film.

Archived