Getting Tinting Contract With AutO Dealerships

Good Day members,

I own a tinting shop and there are many auto dealerships (all the dealerships are here from volvo to audi) about 10 minutes from my business. I opened my doors in May 2015 so I am a "newbie" in this business. I am considering visiting these businesses to see if they would wanna get tints on their vehicles. 

I will be providing them with 3 options: dye, carbon, and ceramic tints and I will install legal tints on there. 

Now the question I am having... Does anyone else have contract with dealerships? If so, who did you speak with? do they give you a lot of business? Which dealerships are better high end (bmws, maserati, mercedes-benz) or regular daily cars (toyota, honda, nissan) cause regular sell more cars but I feel like higher end dealerships would have more customers since they have more money to spend. 

Thank you for all your help guys and have a good day. 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the cheaper dealerships will only want the dyed film so they will try to low ball you on price. with the higher end dealerships like bmw, the only way I touch their cars is if they get carbon or ceramic. dyed film will be a waste of my time and effort. I generally put the carbon on those cars and charger around the 350.00 range for a complete 4 door

which brand are you using?

the cheaper dealerships will only want the dyed film so they will try to low ball you on price. with the higher end dealerships like bmw, the only way I touch their cars is if they get carbon or ceramic. dyed film will be a waste of my time and effort. I generally put the carbon on those cars and charger around the 350.00 range for a complete 4 door

which brand are you using?

As i said i will be offering all 3 tint types.

Now another question... we've done over a 100 cars here i know its not a lot but were fairly new so do you think they would give us a contract? there are no other tinters in my area. (10 mile radius)

and also how many cars should i expect from them? Would the cars they give be enough for me to run my business. 

right now i can tint about 10 cars a day

I am trying to charge 100 for dye on coupes and 120 for sedans 175 for minivans and extended uv. ceramic is double and carbon is between the two 

do you think i am undercharging?

and I need their business soon so would it be ok if i go to the GM with these prices?

and i will be using solar control

Thanks for your help bro

Just go to the dealers and give them a card or a flyer,,managers,service and sales and salesmen all can get you jobs

Your prices are kinda low,,but I seen cheap one ply 100ft rolls for $39? Lol

But from your prior experience do you think it is possible to run a business solely from they cars they bring in? or would i have to advertise for private parties as well?

and you think we should charge them more?

We do it differently to get rid of the typical headaches.  We make personalized business cards for dealerships that refer customers to us.  When a customer comes in with those cards we will give them $10 off.  We will then send the dealership a check for a certain percentage.  This way the dealership gets paid and we handle the customer 100%.  So if the customer ever has an issue, they come back to us and not the dealership.

Archived