tintwiz.com
Xpel
suntekfilms
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
clear solutions

Laminated Front Door Glass

Ocala. Ask for them ;)

I have the specs for Sky80 and know it is basically the same as Air80 that now uses a PS adhesive instead of CDF.

i use a mini blow torch on the outside if i get a flip line. just heat it slowly and no problems. to hot to quick can blow it.

had an old bronco i tinted and did not know they replaced the quarter with laminate and broke it. no problem shrinking the

film on the outside. I use a ts-8000 torch with map gas to shrink windsheilds. mini for touch ups or a torch lighter 3flame.

just heat it slower and not one small spot on lamminate and your fine.

Smartie2shoes should chime in on film absorption levels and that type of glass

Easy to look up on llumartech. Use F2G to determine what is safe on clear laminated and go look at those film performance values. You will find anything over 55% absorption is not recommended. AIR 80 = 45% SA. Roll the dice pretty much at 05's and 15's.

FWIW, IMO, laminated glass in a FG situation is far more susceptible to breakage due to S.A due to how it is typically cut. It's usually mangles around the edges with clams all over them. Laminated glass in auto tends to have nice polished edges.

Laminate flat glass didnt Crack with limo tint. 200 windows that were up to 10ft tall and 40-55in wide

The glass was made long time ago so it wasn't made in china

Guest temonunez26

:yeah And for noise reduction.

When heat forming use the snap method (lift and heat 'dry' bottom edge only) and there's no worries. :thumb

Yeah, but more concerned on how much heat can be used if a spot on the outside needs to be heated? Has anyone had a newer door glass(say 2009- on) break on them from heating the outside?
Yes 2009 f350 right front passenger glass. Spidered/ Cracked while using torch.