mep now own d3 (3m)?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coincidentally 3M black knight(cs) has been making an entry into dealerships.... such as the Sutton's group. ..

Hey 35,

They have kits that the tinters can buy from spare parts. It's not working very well, as they are just using others films because the kit for the car they need is never there. Not a popular film to install either.

It would now seem that MEP are setting up for the loss of their much loved brand as Eastman shift to combine CLC's products under the factory direct program. Either that, or MEP will soon have a complete Monopoly of the market from every angle.

Should be interesting.

Disgusting.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Yes.. I thought of you guys when I saw this announcement Aussie. MEP are not known for working together with other suppliers. I also wonder about the Distributor in WA? MEP have a warehouse there, and that will make it impossible for them now I would imagine?

Hopefully 3M looks after their guys on the ground that have been loyal. But I would get used to seeing the 3M brand in dealerships more now, maybe even in the TAC network...

They have endless capital it would seem. So anyone that wants to sell, will go. :deadhorse

Cheers

M1 and TAC boys are going to hate CS if they have to use it!

After tinting with it for 3 years I don't mind it now but I don't rush and I know how to work it.

Certainly not a film you can just slap on.

I would say the biggest threat now will be in the commercial sector.

Ive had 3 3M commercial specifications in a week and we all know how much architects love 3M.

All a company like this one needs is a full blown graphics division and then they have it all.

I wonder what AVS, Decor, Halifax and the rest will be thinking now?

It's not just window tint they can sell or supply.

Actually, I think in time they will become very happy about it...

For years D3 (AKA Sunscreen) have been wholesaling 3M graphic films way below their list prices.

This has caused much tension between all the parties.

No doubt prices will return to the upper level with the new ownership...  :D

Actually, I think in time they will become very happy about it...

For years D3 (AKA Sunscreen) have been wholesaling 3M graphic films way below their list prices.

This has caused much tension between all the parties.

No doubt prices will return to the upper level with the new ownership...  :D

Counting on it.

As far as graphics go though, Spicers is the new big player in 3M vinyl supply. Reportedly taking on DI-NOC and Fasara according to a WA. tinter who has been called already by Spicers.

The pricing thing will be interesting as I'd expect to see a sharp increase from the Sydney distributor for window film in particular, however I have seen very sharp prices in the past from MEP for Frosted & Dusted etc. Tiny margins for large customers and huge margins for independents to compensate.

On another note, does anyone here get the newsletter from WindowfilmMag.com ? (I think that's what it's called). I always have trouble trying to get to linked articles there, but was told today, that there is an article about Eastmans going factory direct to all their dealers (I presume in the US.) Maybe this is a global strategy for Eastmans.

Archived