Salesman

For all of the other mobile tinters out there I just wanted to get some input on salesman where you work at? Are all of them scatterbrained, and unaware of how to use a schedule? I understand that tint isn't the only thing they have going on in their shops, but generally produces the least headaches, so why make it harder than what it needs to be?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

penny wise and dollar foolish.  good sales people cost money, brain dead bar flies don't.  I am mobile as well and its been a challenge teaching sales staff.  some don't understand why I want year, make and model.  " its got 4 tires and a motor whats the difference?"   my price sheet is based on the number of windows now and they still can't seem to count.  some of my favs,,,,

your cars here but we forgot to ask what shades

your cars here but we forgot to get the keys

ford escalade tint front two to match

35% complete on the mercedes 325I

tint front 2 to match,  it was a caliber not tinted at all,  I said heres the keys back they match

car is here but we cant give you a purchase order because no one quoted them a price

(phone rings) tint yes we do that $200.00 thank you (click)  no year make model presentation or close

(customer in showroom)  ya know what shade ya want? no?  the display is over there.   we offer a good better best and they do not demonstrate the products.

in this particular store, the sales staff have 5 to ten years experience and get payed spiffs on upsells

For all of the other mobile tinters out there I just wanted to get some input on salesman where you work at? Are all of them scatterbrained, and unaware of how to use a schedule? I understand that tint isn't the only thing they have going on in their shops, but generally produces the least headaches, so why make it harder than what it needs to be?

Salespeople should have experience in the trade they get hired to sell in otherwise you will always have a disconnect in understanding how to schedule and or estimate effectively.

If a person is hired with sales background whereby they sold a commodity (or product only), they will be a fish out of water in selling for a service oriented business that does installation of product. 

I work in mainly 12 volt shops that add tint as extra income to daily sales. One thing I have noticed with a lot of salespeople is that they want to remember as little as possible.

(Phone rings) ya we do tint.. 2 door or 4 door? That will be $199. Ok (click)

This same theory is often used with remote starters. It seems like they just don't want to take enough initiative to invest in the knowledge of what they sale. They figure, well I got a few sales so that's pretty good.

Always different from an installers point of view, but I have worked retail for many years and I took it upon myself to not only know what I'm selling, but to understand what it takes to do the job I'm selling.

Under promise and over deliver! Then u always look like the hero, and every salesman wants that. Often though they over promise and aren't able to deliver in the time they promised and then they look like an idiot. Then they blame the installer, and leads to arguments and just a bad situation.

Archived