Mk 5 golf rear window

steveyb109

Hi. I'm reletivly new to the world of tinting and may have bitten off more than I can chew. I'm really struggling to shrink a rear screen on a mk 5 golf. I'm dry shrinking with baby powder and just can't get the corners without creasing. I've tried working from the middle out. Then from the outside in and only secured in the middle with the ends free. Any tips would be really helpful as I'm not one for giving up.

Also I pull a couple fingers from the top and bottom to the side while shrinking then once I've finished shrinking the top and bottom I move those fingers back to finish shrinking. Also helps if you shrink a little at a time all the way across. By this I mean instead of shrinking fingers top to bottom before moving over I equally shrink all the way across going back and forth. That way the trouble areas have a little time to cool off, preventing creases.

Tried again and failed. Maybe I just don't have the experience yet to be able to tackle this window. Luckily it's on a friends car so I can have another go at a later date. Just always end up with to much film to shrink. I'm using suntek carbon.

I wrecked two full rolls of 20in film trying to shrink this window when I was learning to tint. The trick that works for me is shrinking from the middle out to start, but then switch quickly and shrink from the outside edge back to the middle, on an angle. So on the outside edge I start at the wet anchor point and shrink back up towards the middle of the window, you end up shrinking the corners almost like a triangle.