Blue-gray high end tint suggestions

Hello all,

Looking to tint 2012 S550.

Vehicle is dark gray, factory "tint" is blue-gray on all windows.

No aftermarket tint ever.

Live in South Florida.

High performance heat rejection and maintaing the factory blue-gray tint look is the main objective. Was going to use Crystalline 40 but read that it will look purple when applied over the factory tint.

Started reading about Air Blue 80, but it doesn't look like it comes in anything darker than 80. A look of 30-40 is desired. Budget is not a major factor on this job.

Anything you can suggest on the high end market that would not change the windows to black, gray or purple.....looking to keep factory blue-gray look just darker.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same as Ocala said, Llumar/Formula One has a touch of blue in it which is why Air 80 ties in real well with it.  Also the lighter Huper Optik Ceramic shades have a touch of blue.  I have the HO Ceramic 50 on my Mercedes E55 AMG which brings out the blue some, but previously had 70 on there which brought it out more.

Maybe look into the lulu ctx or f1 pinnacle 40 or 50?

Thinking about F1 pinnacle 30-40 range. I need to see it on a car for color test.

Am I correct in thinking that Crystalline will look purple on these cars?

Here is a vette I did in Pinnacle 30. 787bab1c1f84fb540385469c210369ee.jpg

Maybe look into the lulu ctx or f1 pinnacle 40 or 50?

Thinking about F1 pinnacle 30-40 range. I need to see it on a car for color test.

Am I correct in thinking that Crystalline will look purple on these cars?

Here is a vette I did in Pinnacle 30.

I need to see it on the same window type.

Archived