How much film is left in my box?

Does anyone know how much film I have left in my box?? :evileye

:evileye:lol:thumb :inot

Seriously... I have a 72" box I used the other day and I was wondering if there is a good way to tell how much I have left, aside from pulling it all out and measuring. (Which I normally do if I know there isn't a ton left - but there is too much left to do that with this roll)

Thanks!!

:inot

Guest metint

CDF res/com from core surface to outer film layer... 9/32 inch = 100 feet... 1/8 = approximately 50 feet... 1/16 inch = approxiamtely 30 feet of film left on the roll. :mad

I remember a time when someone I worked with asked what I thought was left on the roll... I looked at the core from the end and estimated 30 feet according to the thickness of the rolled up film... she didn't buy it and unrolled it to see for herself... it was 28 feet. :lol She should have sold it as a 30 foot roll. :mad

Guest tinterjim

I remember one of the film manufacturers had a card that would measure the film. I have'nt seen it in years and can't remember who had it :mad Damn I'm getting old :mad

Guest S and S
CDF res/com from core surface to outer film layer... 9/32 inch  = 100 feet... 1/8 = approximately 50 feet... 1/16 inch = approxiamtely 30 feet of film left on the roll. :lol

I remember a time when someone I worked with asked what I thought was left on the roll... I looked at the core from the end and estimated 30 feet according to the thickness of the rolled up film... she didn't buy it and unrolled it to see for herself... it was 28 feet. :mad She should have sold it as a 30 foot roll. :lol

whats the specs on automotive

Guest pmuzik

measuring does give a good estimate but we keep a running inventory right on the box top and just write down what we used on that job when we fill out the job sheet and start packing up. much more accurate and sure saves some time when it's time to order film rather than opening them all up and measuring them.

Don't remember who it was but someone posted awhile back about weighing the roll to see how much is on it too

Guest metint
CDF res/com from core surface to outer film layer... 9/32 inch = 100 feet... 1/8 = approximately 50 feet... 1/16 inch = approxiamtely 30 feet of film left on the roll. :cool

Let me check when back to work Monday... I'll pull a 50 & a 100 footer off the shelf and measure like I did for Roach.

HP (dye-metal/ all metal) or straight-dyed? :lol

Guest metint
CDF res/com from core surface to outer film layer... 9/32 inch  = 100 feet... 1/8 = approximately 50 feet... 1/16 inch = approxiamtely 30 feet of film left on the roll. :thumb

I remember a time when someone I worked with asked what I thought was left on the roll... I looked at the core from the end and estimated 30 feet according to the thickness of the rolled up film... she didn't buy it and unrolled it to see for herself... it was 28 feet. :lol She should have sold it as a 30 foot roll. :lol

Straight dyed film... 50ft = approx. 1/8 inch/75 ft. = approx. 3/16 inch/100ft = approx. 1/4 inch

dye-metal/all metal... same as above...

These fit LLuLLu films... can't speak for the other guys. :lol

Archived