Tinted first FORD today

Guest Foogoo

Guest Foogoo

Having time to spare today, I decided to do my own '89 taurus since I've heard lots about them but never attempted it myself. Started with the quarters, matrix were biatches but no problems. Did one side window, gaskets a bit tight but managed to get the film in. Started on the next side. Could NOT for the life of me get the film into the gasket! Creased the hell out of it so I started over. Still would NOT go in. By now I'm tired and frustrated :mad

Guest Sprinter

not fun but managable, how much extra film are you trying to tuck?

have a bone jammer tool? they work the best to get the gasker out sa you can slide the tint in behind.

Guest tinterjim

sometimes on those I'll slide the bottom in first. I have a handy dandy tool that helps. That way you don't have to fight the gasket at the end.

Guest Eclipse

Fords suck in a huge kinda way

I am sure the designer is gay

There're a pain for to tint

let me give you a hint

trade yours in on a new chevrolet

:lol

thanks for the inspiration TD. :mad

Guest Foogoo

I was having trouble sliding the film into the side gaskets. Not a whole extra lot, just the "normal" amount I guess, enough to avoid light gaps. I heard the gaskets come out but couldn't quite yank them out. Do they just....pop out??

I heard the gaskets come out but couldn't quite yank them out. Do they just....pop out??

Yes...there is a rubber "tab" on each end of each gasket..just pull one off/back and rubber comes out NO problem...I used to do this style of car often 10+yrs ago when everyone had one (around here :lol ) Did one last week :mad

Archived