Tinted first FORD today

Guest Foogoo

Guest Eclipse
I heard the gaskets come out but couldn't quite yank them out. Do they just....pop out??

Yes...there is a rubber "tab" on each end of each gasket..just pull one off/back and rubber comes out NO problem...I used to do this style of car often 10+yrs ago when everyone had one (around here :lol ) Did one last week :cool

:lol

Guest Blade
what's the fuss? 89 Taurus is easy  :lol  especially the doors... all 4 gaskets pull out in seconds....no screws :cool

Those cars are cake! :booga

Guest Soultinter

what do you do when it's time to put them back on?? Do you put them back on? how do you avoid ruining the film? Don't mean to sound obtuse but I never have done this, just cut the film so it only goes in half way so no light gaps and "massage" it in, hard to explain.

they just "pop in " ...have never ruined film by removing gaskets from vevicles..can't think of a single vehicle that I've chosen to pop the gasket that it was hard to put back it (except for the older style Jetta/golfs) I usually pop them out to..they are a little stiff to put back in .

Guest Foogoo

Please excuse my pestering but I figure if I do this car right they should be cake in the future. Just to make it clear by gasket I'm talking about the gasket on the side, not bottom. I'm not sure if I found the "tab" TintWizard was talking about but I did find this rubber tab looking thing in the bottom corners but pulling them back didn't affect the gasket removal. Thanks for any clarification anyone can help with!

Okay..since it is the older style of Taurus we are talking about , I was refering to removing the bottom gasket only...no need to remove side ones at all ( on newer Tauruses you remove plastic siding) , but no need on these ones...just the bottom gasket / (rubrail) hope this clarifies for you :thumb

Guest Foogoo
Okay..since it is the older style of Taurus we are talking about , I was refering to removing the bottom gasket only...no need to remove side ones at all ( on newer Tauruses you remove plastic siding) , but no need on these ones...just the bottom gasket / (rubrail) hope this clarifies for you  :lol

Ok cool I see what you were talking about now. So the film should slide into the side rails without having to remove them? I was having lots or problems sliding the film in, maybe just need more practice. I guess that will be my agenda this weekend :bling

I know a lot of the tinters don't have a problem with loading in thier tint without contamination, I personally (out of old habit I suppose) like taping the felt with masking tape to avoid "bleed in " of felt debris...this would be a good one to do this on ,then you can soak your sides and then your have lot of slip to maneuver your tint in :bling

Archived