New to the site and somewhat new to tinting

Hello all,

Just getting this out there. Been reading the forums for advice for a few months and finally made an account. I am active duty military and do tinting out of my garage as a small side cash flow. Ive been tinting my own and my friends vehicles for about ten years using Gila film from oriellys and never seemed to have issues with it but then I ran into an opportunity to start tinting other cars a few months ago now. I took the opportunity and bought a few bulk rolls from northern tint which seemed okay to me but I'm new to the mass produce films. I went through two 100' rolls of that film wasting probably 20-25% of it and have now moved to FlexFilms. Seems to do well for me. Still have a bit of waste but doing much better now. 

Thanks!

ArmyTinter

Hello all,

Just getting this out there. Been reading the forums for advice for a few months and finally made an account. I am active duty military and do tinting out of my garage as a small side cash flow. Ive been tinting my own and my friends vehicles for about ten years using Gila film from oriellys and never seemed to have issues with it but then I ran into an opportunity to start tinting other cars a few months ago now. I took the opportunity and bought a few bulk rolls from northern tint which seemed okay to me but I'm new to the mass produce films. I went through two 100' rolls of that film wasting probably 20-25% of it and have now moved to FlexFilms. Seems to do well for me. Still have a bit of waste but doing much better now. 

Thanks!

ArmyTinter

Waste because of lack of experience or because or the size rolls you have and the size of the windows you are tinting? BTW, Welcome to the forum!  :thumb  And one more thing to add, don't listen to what JH has to say, when he's not on the forum, he is probably out trying to pick-up the biggest boners he can find, Sorry, I meant boulders   :lol2 or eating cereal  eating-breakfast-cornflakes.gifand even sometimes he does homeschooling with his kidsat-school-smiley-emoticon.gif      Just messing with ya JH!!  :poke   :nohit:  :lol

Mostly lack of experience. For some reason I was having a few that must have shifted when making my pattern and then on install showed up too short on a bottom corner. Haven't had an issue with that lately though. Also every once in a while a crease or a bug get in the tint as I do it in the garage at home.

Oh and if you can swing it Stan has done training videos that are supposed to be the best on the market. Tintdude members get a discount and if you happen to order from express window films they will 10% off until the full amount has been reimbursed.

b0f5d6b08e34c5f926074880977e2b97.jpg044cef0157078275fb430bcd1d3d34a5.jpg45ebb0e02f6145e2d934a4bd6c4a816f.jpgdb7f86ffc51f4804b7a1e68dbf036de1.jpg

Just did a 2015 Nissan Versa. Only had to redo one roll down for lack of paying attention and creasing the film on install. Back window shrank nice and did reverse roll install. Even was able to tint those front quarter windows. 35% teraflex Carbon film.

Archived