Matching Factory

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its kind of counter intuitive, the factory glass looks like it "reflects" more, but the NR film matches better.  :blink 

The CarbonFX looks damn close in your pictures Dynamic. 

Honestly it is not a bad match.  You can use this film and be 100% happy with the match and have no customers complain.  I think Llumar/Formula One will be the closest that I have seen.  Global is suppose to be good too, but haven't seen it in person.

Hello guys, this is precisely why we have two different series of Dyed NR Color Stable films. The CarbonFX is our black, as you can see from the photos. We also offer the Ultra series which is our Charcoal series of products. Both are color stable, Premium Lifetime Warranty, utilizing the same construction, just different color. Depending on the make depends on which series matches better. Hope that makes sense.

I'm looking for a ceramic or ceramic/carbon (dyed  :lol ) product that leans to the brownish side. Though, I've become comfortable with Crystalline being in place on D/P, the bluish appearance is beginning to wear on me.  :thumb  :spit So, what's the carbonFX look inside and out?

Not sure if the old LLumar ATX I stumbled across yesterday is legal enuf for Virginia.  :unsure:

Smartie. It really sounds like you should check out Global Ceramic. Great numbers as far as performance and it leans towards the brownish side IMO. :thumb

The CarbonFX is more of a gray/charcoal not on the brown side.

Smartie. It really sounds like you should check out Global Ceramic. Great numbers as far as performance and it leans towards the brownish side IMO. :thumb

The CarbonFX is more of a gray/charcoal not on the brown side.

Thanks... I thought I'd read that before about Global.  :cool

Well. I wouldn't be bringing anyone a windfall in sales as would really only need enuf for D/P.

Edit: Before anyone asks, yes just enuf for two fronts... I don't make mistakes.  :lol2  :spit  :golf  :eyetwitch

Thanks... I think I read where Vintage matched privacy glass well however, I really don't care to install first generation film technology to auto glass. When I think about it, I haven't sold or installed straight-dyed film since 'Titanium' (by Solar Gard) was the buzz word.  :thumb

Archived