Taurus Gasket

Guest Foogoo

Guest Foogoo

Some of you probably already saw my post in the main forum about tinting an '89 Taurus :mad . For the other back window, I think there is no way to do it without the molding/gasket in. How do I get it out? I was looking at it today and it didn't look like it came out, but the consensus seems to be yank it. Thanks.

Guest BCCwintint
undo the screw

on the sides while you chew

then pull the top back and see

the gasket comes out

without a doubt

fords suck so don't blame me

All right, TD, (or anyone else) here's another question. How do you get the gasket off the 2000 Taurus? :thumb I tried to tint one today and it seems that you have to take half the friggin' car apart to get a professional job. :thumb I didn't have a problem with the rear deck. Removing that was easy. It's just those side gaskets that I'm having a problem with. I can remove the gaskets easily on a 97 Mercury Sable. But the 2000 Taurus gaskets aren't that easy. Anybody know how to remove them? I just can't do the job with those gaskets there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Holy :thumb dude. I chage an extra $45 to do these. You have to remove the door panels and then remove the entire seal around the glass. It's a PITA R&R for the 4 doors. This is the only way to get a good job without felt. There is a good technique for popping the seals off. You will have to do a couple to get it. You push in and upwith a light snap. It's been about 3 months since I did one. Maybe someone else has a detailed description. Maybe even photos? If you break a clip, :thumb:ford

Guest BCCwintint

Thanks, Rich. Ford Taurus owners aren't going to pay regular price, that's for sure. Involved process, isn't it? Any way you look at it, :thumb:thumb

It's not that hard to do the tauruses without removing the top/side gaskets on rolldowns, since the bottom gasket comes out without removing the door panel.

Just tape the sides, remove the bottom gasket and it's pretty easy to slip the film behind the sides once the bottom gasket is gone. :thumb

I just pull the plastic trim along the edges, which allows the bottom rubber to come out (top part of panel pulls away easy enough with plug puller),tape sides...voila! :thumb

Guest BCCwintint
Just tape them or else you're really putting in some time to do the Tauruses. :spit

I wish it were that easy, but it isn't. I tried that, and I couldn't tuck the film without creases and contamination. I'm afraid ya gotta do an R&R on this one. :rollin:spit:lol6

Guest BCCwintint
Just tape them or else you're really putting in some time to do the Tauruses. :lol6

But I might try the suggestion to just remove the bottom rub rail. :rollin

Archived