Lack of high heat rejection tint ?

Hello all,

I've  been looking at getting my car tinted recently I was surprised at the lack of high heat rejection tint available in Sydney. 

Unless you want to spend tonnes and go Crystalline, Suntek CXp was the best one I could find (happy to be proven wrong).

Considering we're a pretty hot nation i'm surprised theres no demand for higher heat rejecting tints such as Formula 1 Pinnacle, Huper Optik or even Air Blue 80. 

Is this the case or did I just not look hard enough ? 

Thanks for all the help 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suntek CXP is not that great with heat rejection.  I would pay extra for the 3M Ceramic or Crystalline if Heat Rejection is your primary focus.

Suntek CXP is not that great with heat rejection.  I would pay extra for the 3M Ceramic or Crystalline if Heat Rejection is your primary focus.

Sadly it was just not worth it in terms of pricing, $330 for CXP vs $900 for Crystalline. The person told me Crystalline only blocks out an extra 2 - 5% more off heat. 

That is a significant difference in cost even if it is in Aussie $s.

If you look at the reported performance values, Crystalline performs somewhere in the range of 15-20% better than CXP (and I'm not speaking in point difference). This is also under the assumption both parties are reporting true numbers.

Edit: Have you looked into brands such as LLumar CTX, V-Kool, Rayno, Winco, PhotoSync?

Hi Sshazam,

Sydney is a big place. What is your suburb?

You are correct, there are few places in Sydney offering high end products that have top ranking TSER (Heat rejection)

I believe that Campsie Auto Glass offers Vkool.

In regards to the prices you have been offered for Crystalline... You will find that the cost to buy a roll of CR40 here in Australia would be very high in comparison to the USA. Much more than the exchange rate in fact. Many tinters just buy it when they need it... Which is usually when it is requested specifically.

You simply can not compare Crystalline and CXP. I don't want to discredit any brands in 2016 (My new years resolution) so I won't explain why. Crystalline will outperform CXP by a mile, and by 2 miles after the film is 3 years old.

I hate to keep repeating this... However, I would suggest you go to a company that has been long established and has a great rep. And a local independent would be great also.

Please tell me your suburb and I will try and lead you in the right direction.

Happy new year.

Hi Sshazam,

Sydney is a big place. What is your suburb?

You are correct, there are few places in Sydney offering high end products that have top ranking TSER (Heat rejection)

I believe that Campsie Auto Glass offers Vkool.

In regards to the prices you have been offered for Crystalline... You will find that the cost to buy a roll of CR40 here in Australia would be very high in comparison to the USA. Much more than the exchange rate in fact. Many tinters just buy it when they need it... Which is usually when it is requested specifically.

You simply can not compare Crystalline and CXP. I don't want to discredit any brands in 2016 (My new years resolution) so I won't explain why. Crystalline will outperform CXP by a mile, and by 2 miles after the film is 3 years old.

I hate to keep repeating this... However, I would suggest you go to a company that has been long established and has a great rep. And a local independent would be great also.

Please tell me your suburb and I will try and lead you in the right direction.

Happy new year.

I was very surprised by the availability since we get some scorcher temperatures. I'm located West but happy to drive anywhere for good quality work and the right product. 

I didn't know there was heaps of difference between the two. I was under the opinion the build quality between the two was very similar. 

Yes sadly the price of CXP and Crystalline does reflect AUS dollars. I knew Crystalline would be expensive, as a lot of places told me they don't install enough to make it affordable. 

Thank you every for the responses, I really do appreciate it ! 

Archived