Lack of high heat rejection tint ?

Got my car done at Ultra Tint down Gold Coast. Decided on Ultragard Fusion and I'm very happy with how it looks.

Was initially looking for something more black in appearance, but the heat rejection made me go for it.

Service was great and it was done quite quickly.

Hey Sarkar,

Nice choices there...

Are you referring to Ultra Tint Window Tinting SouthPort? www.ultratint.com.au ?

What a great team they have there. I think you have made a great choice with film also. The crystalline has slightly better performance, but Fusion seems to be a more popular choice for folks that are seeking a value for money option.

Should get many years of comfort with the Fusion ceramic film.

Well done sir.. :hat

Yes that's the one. I researched a fair bit and found some good info on this forum to help me decide. Must admit I was surprised they tinter got my X5 done in 2 hours and I it seems like a perfect job. Didn't meet Kevin but have only hear good things about him.

It's always nice to be told you've made a good choice so thanks for that.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is Crystalline so expensive?
* the material itself costs 4-5 x the cost of CXP
* installation, allow 2-3 x your normal install time when using it
* average tinters won't use it, if you screw up a window its a costly mistake

there's tonnes of films out there but realistically you wont get much more than 55% TSER from any auto film, the darker than legal films which have around 60% also absorb more heat so when not driving at decent speed it will radiate heat onto the passengers.

$330 is a fair price from a reputable tint shop for CXP or similar film (without knowing vehicle type that also plays a part in pricing)

I use a lot of Ultragard fusion ceramic, i put it on my front 2 doors and  it is noticeably cooler than a hybrid metal film i had on there before.

are you north west or south west? may be able to recommend a shop

Archived