Acceptable Tint Job/Gaps?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi haet56,

All in all it is not a bad job, and there is no need to panic.

The gap in the quarter glass would be my main concern, and it is not good enough IMO...

And it is just that.. An opinion. Everyone has them, and they are all different.

As for the rear window being replaced, if the small marks are too much for you to put up with, then you are within your rights to have the rear screen replaced, however, I would give the guys at the shop the chance to work on the marks and try and make them less visible before removing the film. Those marks will not affect the longevity of your tint.

They could have been from a number of things, including sticky tape residue or a sticker of some sort that was on the glass before installation. If the car is new, I will never use steel wool or heavy duty cleaners when prepping the rear screen as I run a risk of damaging the demister bars, and many of the bars are poorly made these days at can often break apart. You just need to use the search bar on this forum to find that out.

In conclusion, the choice is yours, however those gaps in the quarter would bug me.

Price? Fair?

The answer will become clear when you go back and ask them to please rectify the issues.

All the very best. 

You wouldn't know, if they have great reviews then that mean they are doing something right.  Also check if they are a Llumar Authorized Dealer, click here... http://www.llumar.com/find-a-dealer

Just looked them up, yep they're an authorized dealer all right. Would them being an authorized dealer have any significance on the quality of their work or service?

Hi haet56,

All in all it is not a bad job, and there is no need to panic.

The gap in the quarter glass would be my main concern, and it is not good enough IMO...

And it is just that.. An opinion. Everyone has them, and they are all different.

As for the rear window being replaced, if the small marks are too much for you to put up with, then you are within your rights to have the rear screen replaced, however, I would give the guys at the shop the chance to work on the marks and try and make them less visible before removing the film. Those marks will not affect the longevity of your tint.

They could have been from a number of things, including sticky tape residue or a sticker of some sort that was on the glass before installation. If the car is new, I will never use steel wool or heavy duty cleaners when prepping the rear screen as I run a risk of damaging the demister bars, and many of the bars are poorly made these days at can often break apart. You just need to use the search bar on this forum to find that out.

In conclusion, the choice is yours, however those gaps in the quarter would bug me.

Price? Fair?

The answer will become clear when you go back and ask them to please rectify the issues.

All the very best. 

Thank you for your input! I'll go ahead and make an appointment with them to fix the quarter panels. It was a month old car when I took it to them but I don't recall seeing a sticker on the rear window. Maybe I should have given them a wipe down with an orange-based cleaner before taking it to the shop.

If the back glass only has those few specs,,I wouldnt worry about them,,it happens from touching the films glue side and big rear glass is very tough to not have any specs once the film drys

Authorized dealer is one thing,,,but they didn't have a good installer that day

Ok. I am a Llumar installer also and a experienced Tinter of 20 years. The smaller quarter Windows would never have gone out of my shop looking like that. I am old school and I hand cut everything! I take pride in my work! And a Tinter using a plotter is only as good as the program he is cutting his patterns from. It is very possible to cut the patternes for your car without damaging the seals. A experienced Tinter should be confident in his own skills.

The rear window does not have gaps around the boarder. You will get that line where the tint overlaps the black boarder. But the dots are dirt and marks from installing the film. A few dots are to be expected. definitely could be much better. Just my opinion!

:yeah

How would I know if this was a high quality shop or not? From the reviews on Yelp, there's hundreds of positive reviews and not too many negative reviews.

My guess is they have a lot of positive reviews from posting it themselves from a dozen email account and having friends post them too. The majority of shops here that have a ton of reviews are shady. There a mobile shop here that had like 50 revies in like 2 years and yep, they are out of business.

Btw, you got a $99 tint job there.

Archived