Acceptable Tint Job/Gaps?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking about gaps... was scrolling through YouTube and found a tint installation film. I don't know what he was thinking about, but using this as marketing for the company he work for.. I wouldn't have done it  :facepalm2 look at the upper left corner of the window  :blink  :lol

Added the link to the film;

https://youtu.be/icxQAhw_pys?t=5m30s

post-36832-0-14540200-1453524693_thumb.j

Talking about gaps... was scrolling through YouTube and found a tint installation film. I don't know what he was thinking about, but using this as marketing for the company he work for.. I wouldn't have done it :facepalm2 look at the upper left corner of the window :blink [emoji38]

Added the link to the film;

https://youtu.be/icxQAhw_pys?t=5m30s

attachicon.giflol.jpg

I see nothing wrong with this picture other than the inconsistent top edge towards the rear. I round all my corners like this.

Hello all,

A few weeks ago I went to go get my Honda Civic tinted with Llumar CTX. The shop I went to said their cuts were digitally cut so everything should line up. After all said and done, I inspected the tint job afterwards and found gaps especially on the front/rear passengers windows. I'm not talking about the windows that move, I'm talking about the smaller windows next to the bigger, movable windows. I pointed it out the and the shop said as long "the tint reaches the rubber moulding" he would consider it acceptable.

But he did say if I still wasn't happy about it, he offered to redo those windows. He also threw in the fact if I were to go this route, they would have to hand cut the tint and risk cutting the rubber lining.

So I was wondering if these gaps are acceptable to you more experienced tinters. The pictures I took are on the driver's side but it's the same on the passenger's side of the car. I also took a few pictures of the back window with the defroster lines, I was wondering if there is supposed to have a gap between the film and the edge of the back window.

I paid about ~330 for Llumar CTX. As far as I can tell, they did a great job on the driver and passenger side roll-able windows (front and back), I'm just iffy on the smaller side windows and the back window. What do you all think? Thanks!

P.S. sorry about the dirty car, my car must have gotten attacked by whatever sprinkle of rain last night [emoji14].

Front driver side window (same as passenger side)

Sfh3KHFl.jpg

Rear driver side window (same as passenger side)

ulVo1cIl.jpg

Rear window with defroster (are these gaps on the edges of the film acceptable?)

i4LqFEAl.jpg

Rear window with defroster (Are those holes/dirt acceptable)

kMV5cF3l.jpg

That quarter window is terrible though. If you can't get a gap free quarter window, you shouldn't be tinting plain and simple plotter or not. Not to mention if you can't hand cut in a pinch, you shouldn't be tinting either.

Archived