Pulling lower door panel seals, Removing door panels, and Tucking film

Most seals can be removed just by simply pulling back on the panel at the top working from one side to the other. Some you have to remove the screw behind the door handle (most jeeps, older Hondas) the new Malibu and Impala comes out pretty easy just prying back the top and pulling the seals. I see it done every day now, with the seals out you don't need to shrink but I do it anyways just for piece of mind. I still wipe down everything the film can come in contact with during installation and lay liner on top of panel for added security. I curl the film inwards to eliminate pinches. I'll post a pic tomorrow of one so you'll have an idea of what I'm talking about.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All new GM full size trucks, Silverados, Sierras, Tahoe,Yukons. And clips at the top. Use a plastic panel tool to pop them loose. No need to remove any bolts. Once top of panel is loose. Pull rubber sweep out. Once again the bolt does not need to come out of door handle. Then when done pull panel back and slide seal back in and push panel back together. Easy Peasy! I will make a video on the next one I get.

Ocala is right fords super easy and Overlord Kia's too!

I pop Lexus, Toyota,Nissans,Mazda, VW, MB, BMW's except 7 series. Dodge, jeep. Ford and GM I'm sure I missed some. I used to tuck everything. In the last few years I have changed to bottom feeding everything I can. Cleaner jobs.faster installs, less stress! Works for me!

I'd love to see a video as well. I used to pull the Newer Chev/GM pickup seals, but every once in a while I'd get one where you pry and pry and the damn clips just won't release. I once pulled so hard the clip unhooked from the top of the door, and I had to take the entire panel off to get it back on. They just aren't worth the time and effort IMO. When they get older, and I start getting the farm boys bringing them in used covered in mud inside and out then I will need to start pulling.

I am travling up to wisconsin to visit family and have 4 front window tint jobs. 2 ford f150 2013, 06 silverado and an old chevy blazer. I noticed on a 06 f150 ford the door panel hook down. so in order to pop the seal off you need to remove panel and pull up on the door panel. 

Archived