Pulling lower door panel seals, Removing door panels, and Tucking film

I know I've pulled them and the only way to get the panel back on the right way is to unhook those clips and set the sweep back in. I finally figured out that if you pry on the bottom of the clip with a pic tool it will release and you can pull it out easily. Really would be great though If you could get away without having to pull the panel.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am travling up to wisconsin to visit family and have 4 front window tint jobs. 2 ford f150 2013, 06 silverado and an old chevy blazer. I noticed on a 06 f150 ford the door panel hook down. so in order to pop the seal off you need to remove panel and pull up on the door panel.

Nope..just pry back on the top of the panel. It will pull away enough to get the inside swipe out. Once finished tinting, it will easily just pop back on.

Chevy camaros pull right back, then you can pull the sweep right out and just let it hang. Also, the inner felt strip is about an 1/8 in higher than the outer seal, so when these newer gens are real old this will be a must to avoid felt conatamination at the bottom seal.

Never had to use gasket shields on a frameless window. Push out and slide down. Just like a camaro. Never pulled anything. Most frames less Windows have enough play you can push out on the window while installing to create a gap to drop the film down in. Or bottom feed it.

where did you order the gasket shield from? or is that the gasket wizzard. I usually buy from 44tools or interwest..What other blog forums are out there?

I got a set in the early 1990?? and had a sheet metal shop make more and diff sizes .032in stainless copys,,,I tint their cars also,,lol

They save me headaches most of the time and some cars they don't help and I take stuff apart to make film go in smooth

I rarely use the heat gun for any doorglass

Archived