What causes these marks?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that is a PS adhesive, it will probably lay down....probably . .... My 2 biggest bitches are when a film is sent on a roll and has a cord that is 1/2" wider. .. It is a pita to slit on a FH. And when a roll has a bad edge cut from slitting. There is no fixing either one of these issues.

db73768b17307e7c884e08d3a7847cdf.jpg

I have had three rolls like this that towards the cores it has these marks in it like it twisted or something? Can anyone tell me exactly what the causes this?

The film was not aligned correctly on the core from the start. 

If that is a PS adhesive, it will probably lay down....probably . .... My 2 biggest bitches are when a film is sent on a roll and has a cord that is 1/2" wider. .. It is a pita to slit on a FH. And when a roll has a bad edge cut from slitting. There is no fixing either one of these issues.

I have installed DA film with the same issue and it was fine.

Just keep tension the roll as you pull the film trough the slitter and use that edge as the factory one and trim the other side when installing and use a spacer on the FH ends so the film will not move back and forth on the roll.

Just keep tension the roll as you pull the film trough the slitter and use that edge as the factory one and trim the other side when installing and use a spacer on the FH ends so the film will not move back and forth on the roll.

We have shims and use them quite often... They can only do so much. Many times, even with the shims in place, there can be 1/2" of side to side slop. ... Very aggravating.

We have shims and use them quite often... They can only do so much. Many times, even with the shims in place, there can be 1/2" of side to side slop. ... Very aggravating.

My question is, 'Do they slip over and onto the core or butt at its edge?

Years ago Filmhandler tools (Lincoln NE) had a request to make shims. They were stuck on their round design, so I came up with the current tear-drop design. I also advised that the inside diameter of the shim be greater than the outside diameter of a film core. If they butt against the core, then the core wall is thicker than the norm or FH never changed the inside diameter to accommodate the thicker core wall.

The shims were also made in 1/8 and 1/4 inch so the could be used in multiples to take up the gap as large as 1/2 inch. Of course this would require purchasing more than one or two shims to work with.

My question is, 'Do they slip over and onto the core or butt at its edge?

Years ago Filmhandler tools (Lincoln NE) had a request to make shims. They were stuck on their round design, so I came up with the current tear-drop design. I also advised that the inside diameter of the shim be greater than the outside diameter of a film core. If they butt against the core, then the core wall is thicker than the norm or FH never changed the inside diameter to accommodate the thicker core wall.

The shims were also made in 1/8 and 1/4 inch so the could be used in multiples to take up the gap as large as 1/2 inch. Of course this would require purchasing more than one or two shims to work with.

We have a couple sets of 1/8" shims. They all just but up against the end of the core, they do not slide over the core.

Archived