Reasonable defects following paint protection film installation?

Yes there is a perfect install and they are done on a daily basis by a number of install operations

Happy to challenge anyone to come to my shop and see complete coverage installs every day without a single flaw and we are not alone in this

Don't need to Tango (unless you want to pay :D ) and no doubts on your skill. Just need to concentrate on my area and make sure my customers are happy with installs as that's all that matters to me.

It is a perfect example of why we need to be cautious and have said this before. Advice can differ from person to person, forum to forum and it doesn't take much for businesses to get ruined from advice people take as gospel or out of context. We give advice with a lot of unknowns to a situation or context behind it that people could then take away and bad mouth businesses on other forums, word of mouth etc

If you want to chime in Ocala, by all means.

I fully expect those that Ive had disagreements with to jump in and make it personal. At the end of the day I could of remained anonymous and not put my hand up. I didn't make it known because I need the money and want to make sure the customer goes with me, as I said it looks like DAP doesn't have kits anyway.

If you want to chime in Ocala, by all means.

I fully expect those that Ive had disagreements with to jump in and make it personal. At the end of the day I could of remained anonymous and not put my hand up. I didn't make it known because I need the money and want to make sure the customer goes with me, as I said it looks like DAP doesn't have kits anyway.

Damn dude!! My last comment had nothing to do with with you but towards someone that claims flawless installs. Maybe you need to chill out and have a drink. Hell, I'll even send a gift card and you can have one on me.

lol My bad, I guess im used to it as have had a few run ins over differing opinions and no doubt some will be waiting to pounce! Im starting 2016 off on the good foot and not getting involved with any of that, that's why I just like to 'lurk and learn' in the PPF section now rather than comment.

Apologies and wont say no to a free drink although was too merry over the holiday season and need to detox :thumb

Edited by Supreme

Yes there is a perfect install and they are done on a daily basis by a number of install operations

Happy to challenge anyone to come to my shop and see complete coverage installs every day without a single flaw and we are not alone in this

OP, this is a prime example of my previous post.   :lol

So by the responses thus far, does everyone agree I shouldn’t expect anything less than perfect? What about problems like lift lines, fingerprints, air bubbles and the odd line etc should they be completely absent?

Sorry for the line of questioning but as someone that’s never had this done I wanted to know realistic expectations before I lay money down. It’s a bit difficult at times to know when someone is telling you the truth or just trying to get your money (no offense directed to anyone of course).

Jeff thanks for you offer, so are you offering to contact the installer directly? I wondering if the installer might take that personally and make things worse? Regarding removal of PPF, factory warranties vary greatly from 3 -7 years any chance of elaborating on your comment? Also can you confirm if Xpel warranty (Australian Market) is void if it’s installed over Opti-coat pro+? Feel free to PM if you prefer.

Hi Zen,

I have to agree with Supreme that the best thing that can be done is to view a previous installation, so that each party's version of a defect can be defined.  I've seen near perfect installs picked apart by consumers, and terrible installs applauded, so the only way to truly make sure that you are on the same page is to clearly define expectations in advance.

The important thing to remember as a consumer is that an installer that is honest and open about what to expect in the situation and his or her efforts is a good thing.  With the consumer's ability to compare multiple sources, that honesty will help you decide on who can meet your needs.

As for the Opti-Coat topic, it will have an effect on the installation, likely causing the need to re-install some pieces to make the job "right."  It is not uncommon for installers to forewarn consumers that results may be different when coatings are applied before the film is installed as their cost/liability surely goes up.

Tango's team in the UK does fantastic work (about as good as it gets), but this thread only highlights that the varying opinions of perfection and/or defects are all totally subjective in print and must be viewed firsthand.  The only way to know is to trust your installer by understanding who they are, what they stand for, and what their standards are.

I am confident that if you pay a visit to Supreme that you'll be presented with exactly what you can expect and that they'll honor the quality of work they exhibit to you.

Let me know if we can be of any further assistance, as we want you to be so happy with your experience that you become an advocate for the ppf industry!

Gee.. Very impressive!

I wish I was within 200 miles of your shop. I would take up the offer and see how it is done. Perfect installs every time?

Is that you Ricardo?